Answered

Some network upgrade issues...and a partial solution

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

So I upgraded my old internet service to our community's new fiber network.

So on the new 1Gig fiber, I've managed to get two speakers onto the network simultaneously. But the third? I can get it to connect and work when it's alone, but it will not appear/work with either one of the other two speakers. I wasn't trying to get all three to run simultaneously, not yet. The third will not appear with another speaker either wired or wireless.

The bad news? All my playlists are on speaker #3. BUT: I downloaded Sonosaver (https://sonosaver.mrupp.ch/) and I stalled it and the Sonos app for Windows on my PC. The good news is that I exported the playlists from speaker #3 and successfully imported them to Speakers 1 and 2. So now I can run two speakers and have the playlists, too.

But I want the third speaker to participate, too. Does anyone have insights about this?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 3 May 2023, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

More often than not, this occurs when you have a system split due to being added to two systems.  To save the playlists and other data on speaker #3:

1. Factory reset speakers #1 & #2.  
  2. Power #1 & #2 down.  Leave #3 powered up.
  3. Reset the Sonos app, then restart and choose “Connect to Existing System”.  Follow the prompts until you have connected to a system with speaker #3 defined.
  4. Go to Settings > System and choose ‘+ Add Product”.  Follow the prompts to add speaker #1.  Do the same for speaker #2.

You may have accidentally installed two independent SONOS systems on your new network. Don’t Factory Reset anything without further consult.

Go to Settings —> System —> About My System and check Sonos ID.

Edit: I type slowly, above is a potential solution.

Thanks, that does make sense though I have no idea how I managed that. I'll give the factory reset option a try and let you know how it goes.

This upgrade was complicated by the fact that my old service ceased to operate 3 speakers wirelessly about a year ago (after many years of reliability) and I ended up with one wired and 2 wireless speakers.

Thanks, jgatie. That solution worked great and for the first time in a year, all 3 speakers are again wireless. I really appreciate your help!

More often than not, this occurs when you have a system split due to being added to two systems.  To save the playlists and other data on speaker #3:

1. Factory reset speakers #1 & #2.  
  2. Power #1 & #2 down.  Leave #3 powered up.
  3. Reset the Sonos app, then restart and choose “Connect to Existing System”.  Follow the prompts until you have connected to a system with speaker #3 defined.
  4. Go to Settings > System and choose ‘+ Add Product”.  Follow the prompts to add speaker #1.  Do the same for speaker #2.

God bless you! this solved all my heartache and pain! was ready to trash my sonos stuff. My issue was a little different but these procedures were excellent. The main small tip is powering off the offending speakers after the factory reset, very simnple but life saving!!! lol