Answered

same speakers on separate systems

• 7 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a Beam (gen 1) and two play:1’s running on S2. 

I have acquired a connect (gen 1), which obviously only works on S1. 

The reason I got a connect is to integrate a vinyl player into the system. I was mis sold the connect on eBay by someone claiming it was S2 compatible, but alas upon receiving it, it is the older generation.

My question is; I know I can operate two separate systems on the same network, but can I split the same speakers across the two systems? For example; run the beam and play 1’s on s2 as my home theatre set up, but then use the same pair of play 1’s with the connect on s1, as speakers for the vinyl?

thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 December 2023, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

No, the Play:1s have to be exclusively running on either an S1 or S2 system. They cannot be running on both systems at the same time.

I would return the Connect to the seller and look for an actual Connect (Gen 2) or Port.

Thank you for the rapid response. I thought as much. One last question: is there a way of hardwiring the connect to the beam? I know others have had success this way with a Ray, but then Ray has optical input, Beam doesn’t?

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the rapid response. I thought as much. One last question: is there a way of hardwiring the connect to the beam? I know others have had success this way with a Ray, but then Ray has optical input, Beam doesn’t?

No, the Connect cannot be hardwired to the Beam.