Answered

Replace 2 speakers with Era 300

• 21 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello.

Currently, we have a Sony receiver that our TV, Apple TV and turntable all run through. They exit through a pair of speakers. Each speaker has 2 banana connectors that come out of the back of the receiver. We were gifted a Era 300 (just one) and would like to use that to replace our speakers. My question is “Is this possible?” and if so, “What do we need to make it work?”. I do not have much experience here so perhaps this is a really easy issue to solve. I appreciate any guidance someone can offer!

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 August 2023, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Era 300 alone cannot be used as a TV speaker. But you can connect the turntable directly to the Era 300 via the USB-C port using the Sonos Line-In Adapter.

For the TV and Apple TV, you need a Sonos sound bar like an Arc, Beam, or Ray. Then you can stream music or play the turntable audio through the sound bar or the Era 300 or both at the same time. You will not need the Sony receiver in this setup.

You can use era 300 with Apple tv. I have 2x era 300 and sub. the only disadvantage is that I always have to select the sound source separately every time.  2 ways to connect airplay2 and bluetooth.

You can use era 300 with Apple tv. I have 2x era 300 and sub. the only disadvantage is that I always have to select the sound source separately every time.  2 ways to connect airplay2 and bluetooth.

You paid a pretty penny for Atmos capable speakers that only play stereo from the TV.

I didn't buy them because of the atmos.I bought them for music in stereo and when I wanted to connect TV i can do so Too.
I've had a home theater for a long time...
until now the sound quality could not compete with a proper system. era 300 changed this, of course there is still a long way to go, but the era is good enough.