Answered

Popping sounds after running Trueplay

Userlevel 1
Badge

just got my pair of Era 300 and set it up as surround for my Arc. After running Trueplay, loud popping sounds on both Era 300 and Arc. I have to turn off the audio source and close the Sonos app to stop the popping sounds. I got the latest firmware. The system works but can’t make use of Trueplay. Any suggestions or same dilemma as me. Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Mavjoy 10 June 2023, 19:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure the speakers are up to date with the latest software. Under the Settings tab in the Sonos app, go to System > System Updates and choose Check for Updates.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s updated with the latest firmware. 

I had the exact same problem (posted in another thread). They told me to send them back after reading the diagnostics. Not sure what’s going to make the replacements any better.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a couple weeks to return/exchange them for another unit, hoping it gets resolve by then. It works great now but how much more am I missing without Trueplay? I did update my Sony tv software. I’ll test it again tomorrow. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same problem after running Trueplay as a whole unit, arc and era 300s, but ok if ran separately by itself or as a stereo system. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think I got the fix. I unplugged the Arc and reseated the HDMI cable from the Arc and the TV. Ran Trueplay as a system and no popping or noise came out. Good thing I didn’t return them. 

I also got the popping and crackling sound when I set up trueplay with my ARC and Era 300 speakers. I called customer support that had to do a reset and clear my ARC. That solved the crackling and popping but no trueplay. She said I should try again in a couple of days and if it happens again call them again. I have  a case number. 

I had the same issue, I hooked up my era 300’s to my Sonos arc and when I did the true play I turned the volume up once and it’s made a loud POP, restarted my system and it doesn’t pop anymore but I can’t use true play cause it causes a POP everytime, Sonos doesn’t seem to think this is a hardware issue but will not give any update on a new firmware or software. They said disable my Dolby atmos and I told them, “then why buy the expensive songs speakers”…?soent 3 hours chatting with customer service and they said they would send a exchange email and I still have not received one, I have sent 2 diagnostics and I have a case number. 

I also got the popping and crackling sound when I set up trueplay with my ARC and Era 300 speakers. I called customer support that had to do a reset and clear my ARC. That solved the crackling and popping but no trueplay. She said I should try again in a couple of days and if it happens again call them again. I have  a case number. 

Any update on if your true play works now? 

Hi greencw, so I did wait a couple days and set up true play again and it does work now with no popping noises. The thought was it could be a software issue. So I spent about an hour on the phone and the rep was helpful and reset my arc. They cleared out whatever they cleared out when initially set up my true play. I waited a couple of days which the rep recommended and then set up true play again and now it works with no issues.  
I’m surprised they said don’t use the Dolby atmos, must be a new rep or something b/c you buy the arc for that sole purpose.  Make sure they clear your arc and so it’s like brand new and just use the arc w/o true play for a couple of days and then true to set up true play. My rep told me if it didn’t work the second time she should have me send back the arc for a new one. 

No, true play still does not work, it makes a pop noise after completing, Sonos also still has not sent me follow up email that I requested from 4 days ago…

No, true play still does not work, it makes a pop noise after completing, Sonos also still has not sent me follow up email that I requested from 4 days ago…

Glad to hear yours is working, they said earc with Dolby atmos can cause pops and their aware of the issue but the issue has been happening for years and still no fix, if I can’t use Dolby atmos atleast let me use trueplay, atleast you would think. The rep did a hard reset on all my sinks products and that did not work, then they said to turn off CEC and I said then how am I supposed to the songs arc volume up and down, I’m not suing my phone to turn the volume up and down. That’s much too inconvenient.