Answered

Playbar dropping out

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

I have a Playbar connected to the TV via optical cable and the network via WiFi. The Playbar is 5ft away from the main broadband/WiFi router.

I also have a Play:3 that is also connected via WiFi that sits in another room, about 15ft and 2 walls away.

I've read some of the other threads about Playbar dropping out and have tried a number of the suggestions from those (that fit my setup) but I'm now getting to a point where I'm thinking of ditching Sonos all together.

The Playbar was connected via ethernet and one of the suggestions was to use WiFi which I thought had improved it but the drop outs are back. In the past 30 minutes whilst listening to the radio with the TV off, it's been dropping out every couple of minutes for up to 10 seconds.

The Play:3 does not drop out.

The TV is a Panasonic and this problem only started within the last 2 months..... same TV, same WiFi, same setup.

Unplugging the Playbar power cable, leaving it a couple of minutes, plugging back in seems to resolve it for a bit, but then it comes back.

Would appreciate any suggestions before I make any rash decisions.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 January 2024, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Maybe try a different WiFi channel on your router. I suggest using a fixed non-overlapping channel 1, 6, or 11 and (if the router allows) set the channel-width to 20Mhz only and see if that improves things.

Oh and after changing the channel/channel-width, it’s best to reboot all your Sonos devices too.

Thanks for the suggestions Ken, much appreciated.

Router already has bandwidth set to 20mhz and is currently on fixed channel 6 but has also been fixed on 11 too to see of that helped. Unfortunately it didn't.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the suggestions Ken, much appreciated.

Router already has bandwidth set to 20mhz and is currently on fixed channel 6 but has also been fixed on 11 too to see of that helped. Unfortunately it didn't.

Thanks

Steve

I would perhaps go back to the wired setup you were using earlier, but maybe try a different cable. Then if the issues persist after that, it maybe best to submit a further Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then re-contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.