Answered

playbar cuts out when listening to music

• 12 December 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

I have this same problem, music only cutting out.   Playbar and Sony OLED TV.    But my problems started more recently, after I bought a sub.    And it seems to vary in that it can be worse at times.    It works now when I disconnect the optical cable - thanks for that.   Hardwired to Ethernet.    I usually play music from my server.    I also spoke to technical support awhile back - did not help.    

So annoying.

Changing remote control to RS232 seems to work for me.  

Thanks!

It’s kind of scary how dependent it is on the software.  Man, I hope Sonos doesn’t go out of business in my lifetime, or the lifetime of my system, whichever comes first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Orphans are an issue for any smart device, Sonos seems to be less reliant on calling home to operate than many other devices that are bricks without the remote connection.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello everyone, good news for me. I followed the advice of a discussion, where I was advised to activate simple IP control on my television. I did and since then I have had no cuts. I put the link of the discussion, I hope it will also work for those who have the same problem. Best wishes.

Userlevel 1

Yes it is hardwired.  My fear is that it will take a newer Sonos sound bar to overcome (pricey). 

…and you might end up with the same issue if the problem lies elsewhere🤷‍♂️. I would certainly try the things suggested and if you cannot resolve the playback-interruption, then within 10 minutes of encountering the issue, submit a system diagnostic and note, or post, it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with the Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see if they can see any issues with the device.

I have the exact same problem. Sound works great while watching TV, but cuts out during music playback.  I’ve changed channels, Wi-Fi, and hardwired it. Nothing works. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi guys. Did you do what is suggested in the video below? 
I had the same problem as all of you, and enabling "IP Simple Control" fixed the problem. Have you tried ???

Userlevel 1

I changed my Sony to Simple IP, and another remote option change to RS232 and it worked. Music no longer cuts out 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have an original PlayBar that is hardwired to the net work. I’m using S2 as a controller. When I’m streaming music (Amazon or Spotify) it will intermittently disconnect. This happened initially when I was running the PlayBar on Wi-Fi and hoped that hard wiring it with it fix the issue. All other wireless speakers (newer than the Playbar) do not have this issue. I have re-authorized both Amazon and Spotify with out any luck.  There is never any interruption in TV audio.  I am using Eero Pro model 8010001 Wi-Fi router. I am guessing it’s the older Wi-Fi radio in the PlayBar?  Any thoughts on fixing this issue?

I just resolved this issue on my system. See this thread: 

Sound cuts out of wired PlayBar | Sonos Community