Skip to main content

Diagnostics submitted

@Gaham - you are a regular user on here so you know well how the forum works. Just a question - why have you created this thread and posted that?

@Rhonny is correct to ask the question. If you submit a diagnostic there’s no need to create a thread/post. All you need do is record the diagnostic ID (not in the forum) on a piece of paper and then call Sonos tech support to explain why you submitted it.

If you have a specific question before you submit a diagnostic then that is what you should post.  Good luck to resolve your issue 😊

@Rhonny is correct to ask the question. If you submit a diagnostic there’s no need to create a thread/post. All you need do is record the diagnostic ID (not in the forum) on a piece of paper and then call Sonos tech support to explain why you submitted it.

If you have a specific question before you submit a diagnostic then that is what you should post.  Good luck to resolve your issue 😊

There is no way that I am going to hang on the phone for 45 plus minutes to log a diagnostic.

It would actually make more sense to the diagnostic collection process to be update so that a problem description can be included as part of the submission process.

There is no way that I am going to hang on the phone for 45 plus minutes to log a diagnostic.

It would actually make more sense to the diagnostic collection process to be update so that a problem description can be included as part of the submission process.

OK...I get that you don’t want to be on hold for an extended period of time.  However be that as it may how do you expect to get a response just by submitting a diagnostic if you don’t make a follow-up call or start a Chat session?

As far as providing information upon submitting the diagnostic you could have explained your issue in your post and still indicated that a diagnostic was submitted. Your Post title is very vague and would require you speak or chat with someone given you didn’t provide additional information. 

Let’s assume you did provide information in your post and submitted a diagnostic. You are then at the mercy of the forum hoping that a moderator may see it. That could be within an hour, day or several days. Therefore calling or starting a chat is the quickest way to get a response and discuss the data in the diagnostic. 

So for better or worse that’s the proper way to get assistant (Call or Chat) when taking it upon yourself to submit a diagnostic with or without information provided in a post. No offense intended but if you want to argue the point I suggest you send a message to a moderator for clarification. 

If the diagnostics collection contains the level of detail that it should then my description is not vague.

If the details they need are not in the diagnostics then TBH I don’t know why Sonos would ask for them.

As for the moderators, so far it seems they are not the ones who have an issue with my post.

As for the moderators, so far it seems they are not the ones who have an issue with my post.

I don’t think anyone has issue with your post. If anything, we want you to get the help you need.

But what you have done is submit a diagnostic using your app, and then written a post about it. You have not submitted a diagnostic here. There is no link between your diagnostic and your forum post.

As you know, this is not customer support so there is no-one here that will be in any way dealing with your diagnostic - so unless you contact Sonos support, no-one will. 

Anyway, my replying makes this appear like it is of consequence to me, which it isn’t. So I will step back.

I don’t think anyone has issue with your post. If anything, we want you to get the help you need.

But what you have done is submit a diagnostic using your app, and then written a post about it. You have not submitted a diagnostic here. There is no link between your diagnostic and your forum post.

As you know, this is not customer support so there is no-one here that will be in any way dealing with your diagnostic - so unless you contact Sonos support, no-one will. 

I have actually posted like this a few times.

The first time I posted the diagnostic number and the moderators edited the details out and explained that they could locate the submission based on my account.

The skipping is one of many problems that I have to endure at the moment, they are transient and all I am trying to do is provide the details a developer would need to resolve the problem while the problem is occurring.

It is clear that reliability and stability are a problem for the current Sonos app, and possibility the firmware, so capturing diagnostics when problems occur will actually help them. 

I was not expecting help here as I expected the problem to resolve itself, which if did after about an hour, I guess I could have made it clearer that all I was doing was reporting the occurrence and the availability of the diagnostics. 

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition … 😉

I have actually posted like this a few times.

The first time I posted the diagnostic number and the moderators edited the details out and explained that they could locate the submission based on my account.

Sounds like the ideal use of a moderator’s time. You should definitely keep doing that.

Anyway, cheery-bye.