Play1 don’t sound right(?)

• 16 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 106 replies

Hi.

I could not find any place this questions where asked,and i might have not been looking hard enough🙃.

Anyhow….i got my hands on two used Play1 from different sellers. On arrival i notice that one was in exellent condition,but the otherone you could tell it have been used. A few scratches on top an over all i can tell by the colour it was a bit faded.

I set them ut as stereo-pair and try adding them to the Apple Tv….no luck. I learn the hard way that this is some old speakers. Long story short,i have a single ERA 100 witch i connect to Apple Tv over Airplay,and then group the Play1 and turn off the volume on the 100.

But when i start listening to the Play1’s i discover that the mor used one sounds different than the prestine one. 
So i’m interested to hear if anyone have experience bout anyone had to replace their elements(mid or tweeter)….cause of soundquality or if they blew.

I can hear clearly that this Play1 is not blown but i can hear things in music that aint as crisp all the way and like it’s have loss it’s warmness kinda-feeling….idk…hard to explain.

Yes i did try reset and swapping side in stereopair conf. and as stand-alone…it sounds the same….like different to the other one. 
Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 17 August 2023, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @BOL74

It’s still likely that there is a hardware fault with that Play:1s as they shouldn’t sound different to each other. As you received them from a third-party, we can’t comment on the condition they are in or how they were handled by the previous owners, but I would suggest reaching out to the vendor you received the speakers from and potentially returning the Play:1 you received for another model.

You should also reach out to our support team for more information and troubleshoot regarding this. If a replacement is needed for the Play:1, while it will be out of warranty, they can discuss potential replacement options with you.

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

That one of the two Play1 does not sound the same….well,i’m just curious if anybody else have this experience. What’s gonna happen to the “broken” play1……i probobly gonna sell both of them to the next person and tell bout the issue. Then i will get ERA100 instead. To be quite honest,i like the Bookshelfspeaker’s sound better than the Play1….and their brothers.

I was just wonder if there have been complains before like i experience,and what was the soulution for those who got this problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Ok….let’s say i wanna change some parts inside of my Play1. Where can i get a replacemet mid-speaker,tweeter or a motherboard if i needed one. 
Or doesen’t Sonnos support anything other than: if you need parts you need to let us to change them and fix it.

SONOS does not sell parts. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Really…are Sonos so comfident that their products never fail and don’t need parts/service? 
On our Norwegian place like Finn or Tise there is not many Sonos-items that are beeing sold as pars-units or broken. But from time to time there could be some interesting Sonos for sale,but for me being given this info that there is no parts availible what so ever from Sonos is not the things i as an «do it yourself-guy» wanna hear.

I could understand if Sonos only would sell parts to “trademark” companies….i get that,but there must be a way of getting the parts from them then. 
But i guess that’s not happening