Answered

Play 3 will not work with new router

• 16 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I'm just about to throw this thing off the 29th floor.

I've moved apartments, the play 3 was working fine but now, no matter what I do it won't work. The app can see it but when I try to connect it won't join the new network and I end up with a solid amber light on it. It tries to then go back to the temporary sonos network and that's where the app can't see the Play 3 anymore. I tried a factory reset but same thing. Tried connecting to the router but it told me I can't connect while using Ethernet. Has my play 3 carked it? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2023, 15:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the new router 5Ghz only?

Could you change password and SSID on the new router to that of the old?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Drummo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It may help to reboot your phone, or to use a different one entirely if you have that option. I also recommend rebooting your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

If all else fails, please connect the speaker to the router with an ethernet cable, set it up, then go to Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks » Update Networks to tell it your WiFi credentials. The app will tell you when to remove the cable.

Failing that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.