Skip to main content
Question

Play 1 & 3 can’t connect

• 27 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Have not been able to connect Play 1 or 3 for several months. I have an iPad, OS17.4.1; that is several years old.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Which app are you using? Since the new app has been out for less than a month I assume it is not that app you use.

Can you give mor information on your network?

Did you change anything recently in your network? WIFI name or password?

Have you tried connecting one of the speakers to your router with an ethernet cable?

Thanks for your reply!  I am using the old SONOS app, have had that for years.  We have TDS internet, a local one, with updated fiber optic last summer.

We did have to change our password on our router a few months ago…that seemed to be when SONO quit working.  

I will find the Ethernet cable, and give that a try.  May take a few days.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

It can be very disruptive when you change things in your network. A password change or a WIFI name change will require you to reset your speakers and then set them up again. You can find the instructions here: https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

You can also call support to walk you through if need be. Connecting a speaker to your network will also solve the issue and you will not have o worry about password or WIFI names because with a speaker hardwired, it will emit its own WIFI, Sonosnet, for the other speaker to connect to.

Ok, so I followed directions, and did a factory reboot, and the Play3 is now operational. The only difference is now the “play” button on the top >= now is lit continually.  Previously, when I closed SONOS on my iPad, and turned it off, the light on the >= would go out. 🤷‍♀️

Ok, so I followed directions, and did a factory reboot, and the Play3 is now operational. The only difference is now the “play” button on the top >= now is lit continually.  Previously, when I closed SONOS on my iPad, and turned it off, the light on the >= would go out. 🤷‍♀️

Check in the room on the Sonos app for the player that Status Light “On” is not engaged.