Skip to main content
Answered

pairing dissimilar speakers to achieve stereo?

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello: circumstances allowed me to acquire a new Sonos 5 , to enjoy with a single One SL. I have one listening room. Can I stand the 5 vertically ( like one would if using two 5s to create stereo) and connect it to the SL to play stereo? Or am I asking  the system to do something it wasn’t designed to do? Is it preferable to have the single 5 in stereo configuration and just add the SL and use Trueplay to optimize the sound? Thanks for any advice!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos app will not allow you to pair different products, with the exception of One/One SL.

Furthermore, Trueplay is only applicable to each Sonos room and the products therein. As the Five and One SL would be 2 Sonos rooms, you would have to Trueplay each speaker individually, to then group them. This would not make them a stereo pair.

Pairing non-identical speakers is possible in 3rd party apps, but I have no experience of them.

Thank you!