One SL dropped from network

• 11 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Struggling with a One SL (also have a Gen1 Play5 and a Play1)

Got it working with S2 controller.  Playing from Spotify app on w11 laptop

Opened an email and WHAM, the SL was dropped from the network.  Had to reconnect it which involved manually entering the network details (listed networks included all my neighbors, but not mine)

Totally weird.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MichaelWeis 

Thanks for your post!

I agree - that is weird, to say the least! There shouldn’t be any way that contacting your email service on your PC (or anywhere else) would disconnect your One SL from the network.

I recommend you reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds while no-one else is using the internet. It will take a few minutes for WiFi to return. My initial thought is that if activity elsewhere caused a disconnection, it seems most likely to be the router at fault - assuming this issue is repeatable and the timing wasn’t just a one-off coincidence, that is.

If it ever happens again, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - but please do so before making any attempts to recover the speaker’s connection.

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

I’ve rebooted my router.  Let’s see if it drops again.

Indeed: Hard to imagine a causal connection between opening an email and the SL dropping from wifi.  Possibly a coincidence, although there wasn’t any delay between the email window opening and the SL dropping out.