Skip to main content

I have older Sonos speakers (play 1 and 3 as well as the play bar and the sub) that worked great.  I have just moved to a new place.  My Wi-Fi provider gave me a new router and now I can’t seem to connect any of my speakers.  I have tried a factory reset on one play 1 and the sub but that didn’t work.  I am wondering if there is an issue with the Wi-Fi b/g and whatever the latest Wi-Fi protocols are.  Would that be causing the issue?  If not what suggestions do you have?

Follow the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

I have tried that but it tells me Right at the end that it can’t connect to the network and check my password which I do and it is correct but it won’t let me connect to the network

Power down the Factory Reset units and wire one of the other units to the router. Now you can make sure that the units have the correct WIFi credentials. Once these units are working, my preference would be to keep at least one of them wired to the router. Anyway, you can now power up the Factory Reset units and add them to your system. Take care not to start a new system. Once the system us up, you could optionally remove the network cable and the system will switch over to WiFi - if the router can support a WiFi enabled SONOS system. This is not a straightforward process for some ISP supplied routers.

If you need more help, give us mor details about you network. Model numbers? Network switches? Mesh points?

I figured it out. The factory reset didn’t work. I needed to change the router settings to allow the wifi B/g/n option on the 2.5 G part of the router and then it worked. Thanks for all your help in getting it to work. 

hope all is well