Answered

Newbie help for arc connected to LG OLED TV, using eero system

My ARC soundbar, Two One Gen 2 speakers and Sub Gen 3 have been set up as sourround sound on my LG Oled tv for a year using a panosonic router and eero system and has worked great. Now one of my One speakers is not working after a power outage. I’ve tried several time to connect but doesn’t play from my tv. Through the app it showed I had two systems one with arc, sub and 1 One speaker. The other system with 1 One speaker. I talked to support and was told to contact eero because this system only supports 2.4 GHz this was agter walking me through trying to connect the speaker and it seemed the speakers responded but did not connect to the other system or play music. This seems like a simple issue to figure out. I kept trying different fixes. Now I have 2 systems  and connected the two One Speakers and the sub they can play sonos radio, but are not connected to the arc or play surround sound from tv. Also I did see on this forum that my sonos equipment should be compatible with 5 GHz. Anyone have any suggestion on how to get my systems into one system and playing surround from my tv?

icon

Best answer by dmet 18 May 2023, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

When you say “two systems” do you mean “two ROOMS” ? Please clarify or better…post a screenshot of what you are referring to.

Two systems, as all my components are in one room. My app showed one sysytem with the arc, sub and One speaker, all were working, The 2nd system showed tne 2nd One speaker alone, it did not work. I have finally resolved all these issues, very frustrated with the firstt support person and felt he was just blowing me off.  I called back and talked to someone different, I had at that time tried so many different things and nothing worked but I did get all my conponents on 2.4 MHz. The 2nd person had me reset everything and start from scratch. I am now a happy camper, but with my limited tech experience it took me about an hour.

Two systems, as all my components are in one room. My app showed one sysytem with the arc, sub and One speaker, all were working, The 2nd system showed tne 2nd One speaker alone, it did not work. I have finally resolved all these issues, very frustrated with the firstt support person and felt he was just blowing me off.  I called back and talked to someone different, I had at that time tried so many different things and nothing worked but I did get all my conponents on 2.4 MHz. The 2nd person had me reset everything and start from scratch. I am now a happy camper, but with my limited tech experience it took me about an hour.

Glad it all got worked out.

For reference, ‘system’ and ‘room’ have distinct meanings in Sonos terminology.  Speaker are bonded together to always play the same audio at the same volume to form a Sonos room.  For example, your Arc, Ones, and Sub are now bonded together to as single home theatre room.  A Sonos room is not necessarily a room in your home.  A Sonos system, or household, is made up of all the rooms together.  They can all be seen listed in the Sonos app.  Usually, this makes everything in your home, but you can actually setup two separate systems in your home.

So the question about whether you had two systems or two rooms wasn’t about where the speakers were located, but how they are currently setup.  Two systems would require resetting the one that’s in the wrong system, add to the right system as it’s own room, and then adding it to your existing home theatre room.  If your One was just in a separate room, not different system, you could just add it to the theatre room.