Skip to main content
Question

New Hub new problems

• 5 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Morning All 

First post 

Got a new hub from BT and went to set up my system found both items Play one and Beam but not showing in the app, when i ask to join existing system it shows my my hub and says nothing on the system. I then ask it to join a new speaker finds the speaker via the app but when going through the set up it says to join a sonos wifi then it fails same with the beam, tried with ethernet cable again finds the two items but still not showing on the app. when i can get it to show on the app via ethernet it says for me to log in as the user so i can add it which i am logged in now really confused, oh and alexa doesn’t work either  

thanks in advance

5 replies

Here are the instruction to connect a Sonos system to a new network, perhaps see if they can assist you to resolve the matter…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Badge

thanks tried that but do not get the option to update network all i get is add speaker or component add headphones shop sonos or help in my settings 

thanks tried that but do not get the option to update network all i get is add speaker or component add headphones shop sonos or help in my settings 

You maybe best in that case to call Sonos customer support, but whatever you do, do not factory reset any of your sonos products until you have spoken to them. Here’s the link to speak with them…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Badge

tried to phone them this morning but 90 min wait think i might have inadvertently already done a factory reset, i have also deleted the app and reinstalled as the app was telling me to update to S2 but couldn’t find an S2 on the app store so reinstalled the app 

thanks for your help so far I have a feeling this could take a while to sort

tried to phone them this morning but 90 min wait think i might have inadvertently already done a factory reset, i have also deleted the app and reinstalled as the app was telling me to update to S2 but couldn’t find an S2 on the app store so reinstalled the app 

thanks for your help so far I have a feeling this could take a while to sort

Maybe try wiring a Sonos device, that you have not factory reset, direct to your router and then try with a fresh install of the latest Sonos App - on opening the App, chose the option to connect to the ‘existing’ Sonos system, or let it find your system on the LAN subnet and simply go forward from there by following the instructions in the support link I provided earlier.

Any other products that you did factory reset already will need to be resolved after you have your system back up and running by resetting them again and adding them to the existing system - but I would only do that at the very last stage of getting your system back online to begin with.