Answered

Network Signal Strength Not Available in app

• 30 April 2023
  • 7 replies

All of the info online indicates I should be able to see network signal strength (and other details) from the Sonos app. It’s not available in the latest version though. Am I losing my mind?

Trying to troubleshoot dropouts and connectivity issues (even with Boost) and not having much luck.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 April 2023, 18:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Which ‘latest version’? 

For instance, while I am running S2 15.3, I am also running SonosNet, and according to the FAQ, I’m not supposed to see any signal strength indicators, which I don’t. Your ‘tags’ indicate a Sonos BOOST, which implies you’re also running SonosNet. 

Hi.  A few thoughts:

1. I don’t recall seeing anywhere that signal strength was available in the Sonos app.  Please can you supply a link?
  2. Your problems are highly unlikely to be caused by weak signal so it would be useless information anyway.
  3. The most likely cause is wireless interference.  So see if this article helps :https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/reduce-wireless-interference

Thanks John. Here’s what I was talking about.

I’ll check out the article, appreciate the help!

I can see the new feature in my S2 App - I think it’s only available when running devices in wireless mode and not wired SonosNet mode. Screenshot attached (Note I’ve redacted some things, just for security purposes).

To view, when running on a WiFi connection, goto ‘Settings/System/[Room Name]’ in the S2 App and select the speaker under the ‘Products’ section and select ‘Network’ to view the available information.

HTH

I can see the new feature in my S2 App - I think it’s only available when running devices in wireless mode and not wired SonosNet mode. Screenshot attached (Note I’ve redacted some things, just for security purposes).

To view, when running on a WiFi connection, goto ‘Settings/System/[Room Name]’ in the S2 App and select the speaker under the ‘Products’ section and select ‘Network’ to view the available information.

HTH

Thanks Ken. I’m using a Boost and SonosNet and this is all I see under each product, so I assume it’s the reason for the difference. 

From the FAQ I linked:

Note that these details will not appear for Sonos products in a wired setup, products being used as home theater surround speakers or subwoofers, or a Sonos Move when in Bluetooth mode.

SonosNet is a ‘wired’ mode. 

From the FAQ I linked:

Note that these details will not appear for Sonos products in a wired setup, products being used as home theater surround speakers or subwoofers, or a Sonos Move when in Bluetooth mode.

SonosNet is a ‘wired’ mode. 

Thanks! Mystery solved. I appreciate the help.