Skip to main content

I have two wireless networks, one that connects to the internet and then google mesh that connects my house. I have NEVER set up my Sonos on the router that connects the internet to the house, only on my mesh system, so how and why are Sonos speakers and the amp connecting to a wireless signal they were never set up on?  After disconnecting these devices & removing that system from my acct, and reconnecting to the mesh signal, why are they reverting back to the removed account?

Hi @davidarndt 

Thanks for your post!

Sonos cannot connect to a wireless broadcast it does not know the credentials for. Period. If the network name (SSID) and password for the router WiFi and the mesh WiFi are the same, Sonos devices will connect to the whichever has the strongest signal, or was successfully connected to on the last attempt.

How exactly are you determining that your Sonos devices are connecting to the non-mesh WiFi? 

… And why does your your non-mesh router still have wireless switched on?   That can often be a cause of problems”.

Do you have a Sonos device wired to your network? Or rather, to either of your networks?

Either turn OFF the WiFi on the non-mesh router or give it a name that is unknown to anything on your network.

If I forget the Wi-Fi system ATT and turn it off, so my phone which is connecting the devices which is connected to Gingers, when I do a reset on the speaker does it want to connect to the other wirfi one that does not have any devices connected to it, only hardwired devices, ie a TV, the google mesh, a Honeywell for HVAC control?

You would want to move everything to Gingers and ignore ATT.