Skip to main content
Answered

moved sonos system to a different network - can’t connect

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

We have a few play:3 around the house.  We swapped broadband providers and got a new router and network home network.  I reset all the devices and added them to the new network.  Now only some of them appear in the app and the others come and go.  The network does have an extender to boost it out into the garden.  It is all one network name.  any ideas?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Try disabling the extender. If everything connects as normal check the extender to make sure it’s not assigning IP Addresses and just extends your network. BTW, older Sonos products such as the Play 3 are known to have issues with range extenders. 

Sonos does not support networks with extenders.  That doesn’t mean it won’t work, but that it is often problematic, even if ir is down to suboptimal setup.  I think @AjTrek1 is very likely to have identified the problem.  Make sure your extender is is “bridgw” or “access point” mode - simply using the same network credentials is not sufficient.

You would probably improve the stability of your system by wiring one speaker so as to trigger SonosNet.  Do you currently have a wired Sonos device?  That would change my answer.

Btw, there was no need to factory reset anything.  You just needed to temporarily wire one speaker so as to add the new network credentials.to Sonos  Or amend the network credentials to match those of your previous ISP - that saves all the effort changing these details on all your network clients, not just Sonos.