Answered

matching sonos systems

• 20 January 2024
  • 9 replies

I would like some advice about matching my old  sonos play 3 speaker unit system to my newly installed era 100 set up

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 January 2024, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What do you mean by “matching”? What are you trying to achieve?

I have replaced my old play3 system with a new era100 stereo setup and now,if it is possible, I want to add my old play 3 to the newly installed era100. I am unclear as to whether it will be possible to just plug in and add to the system and worried it my corrupt my new system if I did. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Your play:3 is S1 and S2 compatible; the Era only works with S2. But then, having upgraded to S2 if you haven’t already, you can run both as separate rooms in the same S2 system, and group them to play the same music in sync if you so wish. 

Thank you nik9669a,

I will try what you suggest. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Make sure you Add to Existing System when you introduce the speaker. 

Sadly as I attempt this the system self generates a note to say the two systems are not able to be run off the Sonos 2 controller Era 100 must use the S2 and play 3, Sonos 1. Each time I download the official S1 it somehow throws itself into S2 and is indistinguishable  and cannot be used. 

Sadly as I attempt this the system self generates a note to say the two systems are not able to be run off the Sonos 2 controller Era 100 must use the S2 and play 3, Sonos 1. Each time I download the official S1 it somehow throws itself into S2 and is indistinguishable  and cannot be used. 

In order to upgrade to S2, you must first add the Play:3 unit to an S1 system.  Download the S1 app and set up the Play:3 on that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Red Dwarf

Sounds either your Play3 firmware already is on S2 (then you should find them in setup mode on S2 app) or you didn’t choose to create a new system instead of connecting to an existing one after you started S1 app. I think you have done a reset on the P3…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Red Dwarf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

At this point, it may be best to get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them determine the exact, current state of your speakers and advise on what to do from that point.

I hope this helps.