Answered

Lost Connection (Smart Meter?)

• 24 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I control Sonos devices on my iPhone/Sonos App. I have lost connection with all my Sonos devices. Even 2 Connect Amps ethernet wired to my router. Devices do still show up in the System Info page. Shown as ‘not connected’.  I have gone through the power off routines on the Sonos devices and the router (several times). I have deleted and re installed the Sonos App. I had an energy Smart Meter installed a couple of days ago. Sonos was fine before the Smart Meter. This is the first time I have used the Sonos after fitting the Smart Meter. A coincidence? Or could the Smart Meter interfere with the Sonos/wifi signal?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 26 February 2024, 13:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Stoker,

As far as I know, most smart meters don’t operate via Wi-Fi, so it’s likely a coincidence. It is possible it could be interference but I’d only suspect that if the router and smart meter were side by side.

The ‘Not Connected’ message can either mean that the Speaker is offline or that it’s not connected to your Wi-Fi. As you’ve already tried rebooting the speakers and your router without resolution, then I would suspect that your controller running the Sonos app isn’t connecting to the same access point as your router.

Without the knowledge of your network, this is just a guess, but it happens fairly frequently on systems with extra networking equipment. So the community and I can assist further, can you let us know what devices are part of your network, such as the router, any extra access points, and wireless extenders, etc. I’d recommend checking our system requirements to make sure that you don’t have any unsupported networking equipment.

If possible, I’d also suggest trying a different controller with the Sonos app installed to see if you can connect to your system that way. This can help narrow down if the issue is with the network or with the controllers settings.

I hope this information helps!