Answered

Lost Connection

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sonos was working fine up until last night when we had a power spike/outage. My bedroom Sonos Play1 was playing last night when I heard a lot of clicking spike noise coming from my massage chair until I realized it was a power outage. We lost power for about an hour. I had to go back to sleep as I had to get up early the next morning (today) for work. While at work my wife messaged me that there was another power outage this afternoon that last for several hours. Power was restored when I got home 30 minutes ago. I went to play my music on the Sonos Play1 when there was no music coming from the pair of Sonos. I have several other Sonos products throughout the house and none when connecting to the wifi. I made sure I was on my wifi network. Still nothing. My Sonos Move was the only one showing a connection, but then it disappeared. So nothing is working at the moment. In setting it’s showing 0 on in Sonos System Info. My Move shows no connection. Any ideas? Do I need to unplug each Sonos and start from the beginning again?

icon

Best answer by buzz 10 February 2023, 09:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As a start I’d suggest unplugging them all, then restarting your router. When it and the wifi are fully restarted, power up your speakers, one at a time. This should ensure fresh and unique ip addresses are provided. Try that and report back. 

Refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

As a start I’d suggest unplugging them all, then restarting your router. When it and the wifi are fully restarted, power up your speakers, one at a time. This should ensure fresh and unique ip addresses are provided. Try that and report back. 

I just woke up and read this. This is what I figured I was going to have to do but it was too late in the evening and after working back to back 16hr shifts I need some sleep. So I went ahead and unplugged all of my Sonos products including my Boost and unplugged my router from the outlet and back of router. Plugged all back in and still nothing. All of my SonosOne and Play1’s are paired/grouped. The only I think is on is my PlayBase because I’m getting sound from my TV. In settings system both of my Sonos Play1 (paired) are showing a red dot saying Not Connected. Sonos Move is the same, red dot Not Connected. All other no red dot. Just not working. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I went and unplugged Sonos and reboot my router for a second time. Nothing. Only thing I think is working is the PlayBase? I’m getting sound from my tv being on. Or maybe it’s the TV volume? It should be off as I’m using the PlayBase?

You don’t think the spike and power outage damaged all of my Sonos system?

I have to leave for my daily walk to the beach and back so I’ll be back in an hour or so.