Answered

Line-in playback issue: only works intermittently

• 2 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Quick vent- deeply regret purchasing Sonos products. Vent over

I have a cd player connected to my Sonos Five. Sometimes playing a cd will work fine with my Sonos five. Other times, I have to select the play line-in option, and it works. Recently, I will play a cd, no audio from the five, followed by selecting line in on the app and still no audio. The strange thing is, if I wait a while (more than thirty minutes), everything then works fine. 

Things I have confirmed- everything is plugged in and all cables are connected. I have also confirmed the line-in is connected on the app. I have also confirmed the source level is on level 2 (after having tried other settings, as well). I have autoplay turned on. f

This problem occurs with both my turn table and cd player. Streaming works fine. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 2 October 2023, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wait for it to happen again and send Sonos a diagnostic, call them to discuss it. They can see system internals hidden from users.

This suggests a network issue. Describe your network, include model numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Line-in can randomly pause itself when it gets no signal for a while and it is super annoying - check the app and make sure it is in Play mode and not Stopped for your line-in.

Not a network issue 

Line-in can randomly pause itself when it gets no signal for a while and it is super annoying - check the app and make sure it is in Play mode and not Stopped for your line-in.

I’ve confirmed it’s in play mode 

Work with SONOS support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not a network issue 

Why do you rule this out?