Skip to main content
Answered

latest app

• 29 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Since this latest update my system is terrible, will not connect to speakers then drops each speaker off and on whilst music is playing, true play and the EQ constantly resets itself and I contact Sonos support and just get an automated response email. Sonos I feel are at the forefront of music technology but they are miles behind on customer service. Staring to feel I wish I had never brought any Sonos kit. Does anyone else have the same issue or knows of a fix. 

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Yep. All of the above. Larger playlists won’t load, at the rare times they’re visible that is. If I want to play anything from my library I have to start processes 5 or 10 minutes beforehand. Shocking. And it doesn’t seem to be getting better. Or at least not at any kind of acceptable speed. Hours of whirling wheels and blinking screens.

Long-term user, added to my set-up this year. Now bitterly, bitterly disappointed, and evaluating escape plans.

Shocking.

I have just figured out that you need to update the network settings of each speaker separately even when the system says it’s up to date. Also changed the channel the speakers run and it seems to have fixed the issue. Give it a try it may help 👍

What do you mean by updating the network settings? . LE. Found it. Lets see now

Also changed the network channel and that helped too 👍

I’ve had similar large disappointments with the “New App.”  I have a large investment in Sonos products, which I’ve organized into 8 rooms, plus a Move and a Roam. Since downloading the new App in April, the system has never operated normally.  Completely unreliable.  It doesn’t recognize rooms and devices.  Rooms and devices spontaneously stop.  Rooms disappear on the fly.  Sometimes the whole environment is down, saying something like “There was a problem.  Try again.” I never know what rooms and devices the app will find when I launch the app.  Sometimes one room just randomly keeps playing even when I hit pause or tell the Alexa to stop the music.  It’s a real mess for Sonos and for its customers.  I’ve quit using the Sonos App for now and switched to a thing called SonoPhone for Sonos (USD 2.99 on the App Store).  It’s not much better, but at least it doesn’t drop rooms on the fly while playing.  I would return to the Sonos App in a minute if the bugs were worked out.  The lack of clear information from Sonos and lack of transparency is damaging to the Brand.  I should think they’d put a full-court press on getting it fixed. 

Well I have emailed who is supposed to be the CEO Patrick Spence twice and both times have had an email back not answering any questions or offering a solution. So if that’s the customer service from the CEO don’t expect anything better from any of them. 
Really disappointed myself, people spend their hard earned cash on these systems and for them to destroy a system with an update, surely common sense should say revert back to older versions of the app until fixed. 

I will not be purchasing any more Sonos kit in the future as they clearly do not care about their customers as soon as they have your money.