Answered

issues with S1 controller

• 27 November 2022
  • 4 replies

My Sonos devices no longer connect at all and aren’t visible on the app despite being on the network etc.

any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 November 2022, 16:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Tell us more about your network, your Sonos devices, and what device you are running the controller on.

Apologies I’m not the most tech savvy.

it’s running on my wifi and I have a play 1 and 5 the originals.

it has worked fine up until the last week or so. Admittedly I don’t use it everyday….

now on the S1 controller app it just doesn’t find either device despite going through all the trouble shooting 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ok let me be a bit clearer: WHAT DEVICE ARE YOU RUNNING THE CONTROLLER ON?

So, maybe using the Sonos S1 controller, with a PLAY:1 and a PLAY:5 both connected to your Wi-Fi signal, which might be a mesh or not,  and no Sonos device wired to an unnamed router using some frequency and channel?

Since none of us know what ‘all the troubleshooting’ means, I’d start at least with a simple wifi network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then Poe power cycling the router. Give the router a few minutes to recover before plugging the Sonos devices back in to power.

If that doesn’t do anything, try plugging one of your Sonos devices in to the router ( not an extender device) with an Ethernet cable, wait two or three minutes, then check to see if they’re both showing up.

Or, perhaps you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.