Answered

intermittent Wi-Fi connectivity to Sonos play one speakers

• 21 June 2023
  • 5 replies

My Sonos play1 speakers keep losing Wi-Fi connectivity, then regain shortly after. The Wi-Fi router is in the same room so the signal strength isn’t a problem. I’m not sure what it can be. Can anyone help me?

icon

Best answer by WadHunter 22 June 2023, 02:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Signal strength may not be the issue, but there are many other network issues discussed in the wifi interference FAQ. The three I’d be focused on are other devices, duplicate IP issues, or even being too close to the router. Of course, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce I appreciate it. 

Most welcome. I wish we peons had access to that data, so I could provide more concrete assistance.

Userlevel 7

Hi, although I’m late to the party…. 😂

In addition to @Airgetlam excellent advice…

• Try rebooting your router and modem
  • Make sure your device and the Sonos controller app are up-to-date
  • Reboot your device and the Sonos controller

Note: Doing any of the above (although they may resolve your issue) have the potential to erase any data that Sonos might use in a diagnostic. So you may have to wait until the next occurrence before you submit the diagnostic.

Well, Bruce you’re the hero in this scenario… I took your advice and provided a diagnostic to Sonos support. Support determined  that the sound bar was running on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and the play 1’s receiving 5GHz. The most logical solution was to hardwire the sound-bar via Ethernet which would equalize all speakers to the same rate (5GHz) which I did, and so far has solved the problem.