Answered

how to use my Era 100 as audio output for PS5

• 18 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I would like to use my ERA 100 speakers as an audio output for my PlayStation.

I tried an adapter linking the speaker to the TV (receiving the PS5 sound through HDMI) but the sound wasn’t pushed to the speaker. 
I decided to go for a Bluetooth adapter plugged in the PS5, but I’m facing a wall here and I’m not sure how to proceed to make it work. The PlayStation won’t recognize the speakers while I have the speaker in pairing mode. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 18 May 2023, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Follow these instructions to connect a Bluetooth adapter to the PS5:

https://careergamers.com/can-a-ps5-connect-to-a-bluetooth-speaker/

Follow these instructions to pair the Bluetooth adapter to the Era 100:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/pair-sonos-era-100-with-bluetooth

So I gave an LG OLED C1 and have been able to just change the audio output to Bluetooth Speaker and connect the Era 100s that way. 

No lag and latency, and really amazing sound. 

I have two Era 100s in a stereo system, so you literally just have to connect the LG to the one speaker (it shows up on the TV as one) and you’ll have stereo audio :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@GoodKingMort 

Easy to do setup and if you are satisfied with stereo sound a quite good option. 
For those who want to have multichannel surround sound there are the recommended home theater devices. 

So I gave an LG OLED C1 and have been able to just change the audio output to Bluetooth Speaker and connect the Era 100s that way. 

No lag and latency, and really amazing sound. 

I have two Era 100s in a stereo system, so you literally just have to connect the LG to the one speaker (it shows up on the TV as one) and you’ll have stereo audio :)

It also works with a Sub Mini bonded to those stereo paired E100's, as you say, no latency with lip Sync, Bass would be amazing on the PS5 😁