Answered

how can i send music to one of a paired set of play:one’s

• 9 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I have a play one underneath a fake fireplace that I use for fireplace sounds. Now I added another play:one to the other side of the room. I paired them to create stereo set. 
now my frustration is that I can no longer use the single speaker for the ambient sound. 
mis there a way to sort of duplicate the spreker so it’s able to be selected as a stand alone but also as part of a set? I would hate to pair and unpair them all the time. 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 10 April 2024, 03:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I have a play one underneath a fake fireplace that I use for fireplace sounds. Now I added another play:one to the other side of the room. I paired them to create stereo set. 
now my frustration is that I can no longer use the single speaker for the ambient sound. 
mis there a way to sort of duplicate the spreker so it’s able to be selected as a stand alone but also as part of a set? I would hate to pair and unpair them all the time. 

They’re quite dumb for smart speakers, aren’t they? They should be able to anticipate when you want them single and when you want them as a stereo pair. Perhaps Sonos could add this as a “new feature” request?

Badge +1

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. 😅🤔

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Personally, I would just unpair them and use them as separate speakers. Generally, having a stereo pair with one speaker at the opposite side of the room to the other sounds odd most of the time (to me).

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If a stereo pair is not in the proper position relative to your seating position you are almost always better off with both speakers in mono.

Done that way it is a couple clicks to group or ungroup so they play as you’d prefer.