Answered

groups function being amended to sell more speakers!!

• 2 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

so i added an addiotion speaker to my TV set up, as a group as you cnan have trhee surround spreakers,  That taditional speaker was showing as part of te group and working fine, but the audio dropped.  So i chatted with support and they advised a need to power off and on .  i did that and now its gone from the group and the app says you need three rooms now.  A ploy to sell more spreakers  or reduce past functionality.  tey did this with the removal of the ability to play from your tablet memory,  so I bought a NAS, theyen the app for the Nas was withdrawn  and not this.  Someone in Sonos knows how to annoy its customers,  Should I have gone with BOSE!!

Any one else had this or has a work around. 

The group funtion is unavailable on the app so i can reinstate.  I can t see a news release on the system upgrade”

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 2 January 2024, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Misinformation (as ever).

The ‘Groups’ option in Settings/System is unavailable when there are only 2 rooms in the system because it’s simply not required. Defined ‘Groups’ are just shortcut/macros to select several rooms at once in the normal grouping popup. For a 2 room system there is no need.

How to group and ungroup: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

As for a NAS that’s had an app withdrawn that sounds like an issue for the NAS vendor. Sonos continues to support NAS-based music libraries.

EDIT: corrected

Good grief, Sonos really has to do something about that group macro explanation, along with shutting off WiFi.

Badge +1

okay thanks for that, but i cant see an everywhere button and the link doesnt refer, but the groups is hence it was needed.

how do i find “everywhere”

okay thanks for that, but i cant see an everywhere button and the link doesnt refer, but the groups is hence it was needed.

You won’t find it with only two rooms, because clicking on ‘Everywhere” is the same as clicking on the other room, and the only purpose of those macros is to save clicks. 

Badge +1

possibly sorted,  on the bottom of the app tin the middle is a chart? icon.  i   can group the speakers  using the options there.  

See the attached two screenshots, which ‘perhaps’ may help with your understanding here?

One is from a two room Sonos system and the other is from a system that has three (or more) rooms.

@Hughlm 

Note how the ‘grouping screen’ changes in the Sonos App between a system that has two rooms only, compared with a system that has three, or more, rooms. The ‘Everywhere’ group is just not necessary for two rooms, as it’s the same outcome as simply selecting the ‘other’ room. Hope that helps to clear the mist a little here.

Badge +1

thanks ken