Answered

Gen 1 Play 5 Stops Playing Intermittently

• 13 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a Gen 1 play 5 that I pretty much only play from Spotify and have been having an issue with it intermittently going quiet. About every 5-10 minutes, it will go silent for like 5 seconds. The music continuous playing on other speakers in the group. Its only this one speaker that has the issue. This has been happening for quiet a while and happens on totally new wifi networks as well so I dont think its an issue with the network. Has anyone ever experienced this?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 13 September 2022, 00:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

If you’ve tried unplugging the speaker, resetting your router then plugging the speaker in again and the issue continues; then you may have a failing network card. I suggest you submit a diagnostic, within 10 minutes of the next occurence, post the reference number in your next post and call Sonos Tech support (assuming you don’t want to wait until a moderator sees it).

Badge +1

@AjTrek1 

I am curious. When you say a failing network card, what network card are you referring to? The one on the Play 5?

Yes, the card/system within the Sonos.