Era100 Line-in Issue - Paused Sound

• 31 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I have my Era100 connected to my PC in my office via the (official) line-in adapter and the sound starts playing, sounds great but then it keeps pausing for no reason. I look at the SONOS app on my phone and the playback for line-in has been paused in the app. I press play and then it immediately starts playing again. The vast majority of the time the app hasn’t even been opened on my phone but it seems to be the cause of the playback on my PC stopping… getting very frustrating!

Either there is something going on with the era100 itself, or the app is being overly active in the background. I don’t want the solution to be ‘remove the era100 from the app’ because that means i need to re-add it every time i want to live it up with my Beam to play music across the house.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I get this occasionally on line-in on my Play:5 (Gen 1, on S1). If there is no audio for a while, it seems to Sleep but wakes up after a few seconds when it gets audio, but if it is silent for a long time it goes into Pause mode. Its annoying. Make sure Autoplay is enabled for it at least.

Yeah, if I move the volume rocker on my keyboard, it wakes it up, hut just the fact that it does it in the first place is really annoying. And yep, I've got auto-play turned on as well. 

I’d be tempted to adjust the line in sensitivity number, just as a test. No guarantees, mind you, but no cost, either. 

Haha I've tried this too! I think I may just have to remove it from the app and test that theory too. 

Testing is never a bad thing ;)

Hi,

I have my Era100 connected to my PC in my office via the (official) line-in adapter and the sound starts playing, sounds great but then it keeps pausing for no reason. I look at the SONOS app on my phone and the playback for line-in has been paused in the app. I press play and then it immediately starts playing again. The vast majority of the time the app hasn’t even been opened on my phone but it seems to be the cause of the playback on my PC stopping… getting very frustrating!

Either there is something going on with the era100 itself, or the app is being overly active in the background. I don’t want the solution to be ‘remove the era100 from the app’ because that means i need to re-add it every time i want to live it up with my Beam to play music across the house.

I have exactly same issue!
Did you find the solution?

Anyone from @Sonos@admin@Support will help us with the issue?

So I found that as long as I made sure the app is set to line-in for the era-100 it would just stay set to that after a while. Seems to not be an issue so much anymore... But it does occasionally need me to check on it, but mostly fine.

I just wish the Bluetooth connection was better, would love to have my pc connected by Bluetooth instead to reduce cables 😒

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Anyone from @Sonos@admin@Support will help us with the issue?

This is mostly a user to user forum with a few support folks dropping by to check on things.

If you want to contact Support go to your country’s Sonos support page and select the best option there for you.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/contact-global

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/contact