Answered

Era 300 bluetooth cutting out.

• 4 March 2024
  • 6 replies

When using my era 300 in bluetooth mode, every minute or two the audio will briefly pause for a few seconds, then resume.

Anyone know of a fix?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 11 March 2024, 10:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Are you streaming to a single or stereo pair Era 300? What device are you using to stream in BT mode…cell or tablet.  Have you updated the software in the device? How far away are you from the speaker? Have you unplugged the Era 300 for 30 seconds and retried BT streaming. Are there any other BT speakers near by that were previously streamed to using the same device?

Single speaker, using my phone. Software is all up to date as speaker is pretty new. Most of the time i’m within a metre or two but problem consists even on the other side of my room. Haven’t tried unplugging yet and there aren’t any other speakers that i am aware of.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response. I was referring to the software on your phone 😊. Is it up to date?

Sorry my mistake. Yes, all has the latest update.

Userlevel 1

Same issue when streaming to an era 300 from a mibox S. It’s quite a new problem and it used to work flawlessly, but it’s super annoying. I have other non-Sonos bluetooth speakers and never encountered this problem.

They apparently recently deplyed a patch addressing some of the bluetooth issues (check the replies), so it may have induced such problem as a result. I hope that Sonos will fix the bluetooth once and for all, because it otherwise works brilliantly and without any delay.

Here, someone started experiencing a similar issue after the update, so it’s definitly related!

And another one here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @callum.0410 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try a reboot of your phone. If that does not help, please try rebooting your Era 300 too.

If the issue continues after that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.