Answered

Era 100 missing

• 19 June 2023
  • 8 replies

I recently added an Era 100 to my existing system of Sonos Ones in two different rooms, Beam and Boost. The Era keeps going missing. Almost every time I want to use it I have to find missing product, turn off/on the Era and router to make the speaker appear. I have a Virgin hub and Linksys mesh router. Thanks for any suggestions…

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 June 2023, 04:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Try plugging 1 sonos speaker to the router using lan cable.

It sure sounds like a duplicate IP address issue, although you mention the BOOST as a room, which it isn’t, in the Sonos software.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot your router, and give it a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging back in all Sonos, starting with the BOOST. Give your Sonos system a couple minutes to settle in before opening your controller, and then test.

It sure sounds like a duplicate IP address issue, although you mention the BOOST as a room, which it isn’t, in the Sonos software.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power. While they’re unplugged, reboot your router, and give it a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging back in all Sonos, starting with the BOOST. Give your Sonos system a couple minutes to settle in before opening your controller, and then test.

Tried this and didn’t work. Era 100 still drops out after a few hours 😞 

Same problem for me. The older models hang on to the system but the Era keeps dropping off. Will only reappear after cycle switching. Very frustrating.

So, have either of you submitted a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the disconnect happening, and called in to Sonos support, so they can review it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Remember the Era’s will not be using the Boost - they use your wifi network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Remember the Era’s will not be using the Boost - they use your wifi network. 
So it’s like a huge Sonos Roam, the Sonos Roam can’t use SonosNet, it makes no sense, the Era isn’t a portable product, it must use SonosNet because Wifi in Sonos is unstable  

It turns out the Era can’t make a stable connection with my Linksys mesh Wi-Fi network. The Linksys router doesn’t enable specific channels to be set for use (only option is auto). I think the problem is that when the Linksys automatically chooses a different/ better channel the Era gets dropped from the system. No other devices on my network suffer from this so I’m not that impressed with the Era. Not sure why they didn’t design the Era to work with the Boost ☹️ as my older Sonos speakers work really well on the Boost’s network.

The problem has been solved by turning ‘modem mode’ off on the Virgin hub. The Linksys router still works with the hub in this mode to create a mesh. Virgin hub settings can then be altered to ensure signal into the router is like this: 

2.4 Ghz enabled
Split 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz (separate SSID for each band)
Make sure Mode is set to 802.11 BGN
Client isolation should be off to ensure Wi-Fi devices can communicate with each other
Select a manual Wi-Fi channel, do not set to auto (recommended channels are: 1-6-11)
MultiCast enabled
Security type should be WPA2 with AES Encryption
Enable UPNP