Answered

Era 100 is not registered

Hi all, I bought a second Era 100 today and tried to register it. Sadly no joy.

The speaker appears in the app and connects to the internet. My Sonos app is up to date, have turned router and phone off/ on etc following advice on previous posts here. 

I have another Era 100 bought a few weeks ago. It registered first time and I’ve had no issues with it.

One possible issue is our network: TP-Link Deco 9 mesh. I haven’t tried connecting the second speaker by Ethernet  but could try that.

All suggestions appreciated, thank you

icon

Best answer by webmink 8 May 2024, 23:33

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You should call Sonos and they will most likely get you sorted very quickly. https://support.sonos.com/contact

I’m seeing the same issue on my tp-link deco mesh network. Both my Play:1 and Playbars are showing not registered. When I click on “fix it” my app crashes.

I have tried multiple factory resets. Restarting the routers. Disconnecting/Reconnecting Sonos boost. No luck

Userlevel 2

Same for me!!! Following! Also not sure if related but I also have TP-Link DECO mesh network (Deco XE75 Pro)

----

Just decided to add Sonos to a new room (2x Era100 + Sub Mini).

I already have an Arc+Era300+SubGen3 in my living room and Move2 in my Kitchen. Setup on my existing Sonos speakers have always been a breeze. Sadly (and presumably due to the new iOS app) I am not able to add my new Era100s and Sub Mini. They do seem to connect to my WiFi, but are now showing up in app as “Not Registered” and attempt to fix keep failing.

Userlevel 2

You should call Sonos and they will most likely get you sorted very quickly. https://support.sonos.com/contact

Gave up after 60 minutes on hold 😪 hopefully this isn’t typical and it means my issue affects everyone and they’re “on it”.. Trying to remain optimistic.

I bought an Era 100 today and am having the same issue. Speaker comes up in my app as ‘not registered’ and I’ve tried all trouble shooting steps and it still won’t connect. 

I have the same Problem 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Gave up after 60 minutes on hold 😪 hopefully this isn’t typical and it means my issue affects everyone and they’re “on it”.. Trying to remain optimistic.

I got through in under a minute yesterday when they opened at 8am in the UK, but I guess the defective app update has generated a tsunami of calls. It’s worth keeping trying as the techs are excellent. But given so many people have an issue maybe @Corry P or @Jamie A  or another staffer can jump in here.

Userlevel 2

I feel somewhat relieved knowing others are suffering from the same issues. It gives me hope that it will be resolved sooner rather than later. In case any support people read these threads (I’m new to the forums), I’ll also add that doing the following (all at once) did not help:

• reboot entire mesh network / routers 
  • reboot iphone
  • unplug , re-plug the Era100s

Same issue here. I tried resetting everything and I also tried connecting via ethernet and that hasn’t worked either.

Userlevel 2

Problem solved thanks to Jose from tech support. The solution was simple, so I hope it helps others out there.

Sign out of the app, Sign back in… Then the “Fix It” flow under the “not registered” devices worked!

Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I also have this problem.

But your suggested fix didn’t work for me

Problem solved thanks to Jose from tech support. The solution was simple, so I hope it helps others out there.

Sign out of the app, Sign back in… Then the “Fix It” flow under the “not registered” devices worked!

Good luck!

This worked for me! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Here is a way to get this done

Good luck!

THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS WORKED

Same problem here.  Multiple devices working, 2 devices are not (play 3 and era 100). Have tried the sign in, sign out it does nothing.  Fix it flow immediately crashes the app across both iPad and iPhone.  

one hour hold time to reach tech support is not an acceptable answer no matter how good the techs might be.  

The transfer worked for Era 100 as the above link, also copied here: 

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/found%2Da%2Dworkaround%2Dfor%2Dthe%2Dproblem%2Dcaused%2Dby%2Dnew%2Dsonos%2Dcontroller%2Dapp%2Dwhen%2Dadding%2Da%2Dnew%2Dspeaker%2D6892626?tid=6892626

However my Era 300 is still ‘Not Registered’ and after multiple resets and direct connection to router, I am at dispair of how to solve this. The online chat is useless also - I tried twice and got to end of queue to only be signed out. No telephone support on Saturday is unhelpful.

The transfer worked for Era 100 as the above link, also copied here: 

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/found%2Da%2Dworkaround%2Dfor%2Dthe%2Dproblem%2Dcaused%2Dby%2Dnew%2Dsonos%2Dcontroller%2Dapp%2Dwhen%2Dadding%2Da%2Dnew%2Dspeaker%2D6892626?tid=6892626

However my Era 300 is still ‘Not Registered’ and after multiple resets and direct connection to router, I am at dispair of how to solve this. The online chat is useless also - I tried twice and got to end of queue to only be signed out. No telephone support on Saturday is unhelpful.

Thank you! This worked for me. 

Good luck!

Works Perfect same Problem As described follwed all the customer support tips, however the answer is sign out and sign back in to the App ERa the connected next time round . thanks for posting

Good luck!

Same issue… This is what WORKED!   Sign out… Sign in to app again… Registration worked.  Updates were able to complete.   45mins on with Tech Support only wasted by them trying to get me to reset my WiFi Router and erase all my network settings.

Good luck!

Worked for me. In my case I was adding two new era 100 to make a theatre. I updated the app but found I needed to uninstall and reinstall from scratch before I could see my existing system. Then I couldn’t add the two new era 100 as they would not register, I logged out of the app and signed back in a total of two times and they registered ok and added to my existing system 

Account > app preferences > reset app

log back in and try again.  My Era 100s registered and paired with my Beam. 

Signing out and signing in work for me. Thanks for the tip!