Answered

Era 100 in Stereo mode and Samsung TV - Bluetooth connection

• 16 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’ve tried to connect via Bluetooth my two (stereo-paired) Era 100 to a Samsung TV with no luck.

I’ve followed these instructions: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/pair-sonos-era-100-with-bluetooth

and in fact I can create a bluetooth connection with each one of the speakers, but none of these two connection reproduces the TV audio. Silence everywhere.

Is this a bug or, doh, a (missing) feature?

Would a line-in adapter connected to one of the Eras solve this issue, i.e. would the audio be stereo in that case?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 17 April 2023, 12:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @WildPotato, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Connecting the Era 100 speakers to your TV via Bluetooth is not supported by Sonos as you will run into intermittent audio issues. While it is possible to connect the Era 100 to the TV via Bluetooth, due to the high bandwidth of TV audio, you may experience skipping audio or no audio at all. 

The Line-in adapter is used to connect an external device such as a CD player or record player to the Era 100. Again, while this may let you connect the Era 100 to your TV, it is not the intended use for this adapter.

Instead, we would recommend connecting one of our Soundbars, such as the Ray, Beam, or Arc to your TV via Optical or HDMI then using the Era 100 speakers as surrounds. This will give you a better overall sound quality, as well as preventing the delays and interruptions that can be caused by Bluetooth.

I hope this information helps!

Hi Jamie, thank you for your fast and detailed response :)

luckily this won’t affect me that much, howevew I would suggest Sonos to clearly specify that the Bluetooth connection to TVs has serious limitations. I have found nothing about this on the official documentation, and even remember having read a review stating that the Eras could be used instead of a sounbar. In my opinion this lack on information could of course cause lots of dissatisfied customers and this is not something I wish to you, quite the opposite in fact.

About the Line-in adapter: having just sold my Arc I think one day I’ll buy the adapter and cross my fingers, I’m quite optimist about the fact that it should work.

Have a nice day!

Badge

Sonos shouldn't advertise the speakers as high end / high Bluetooth bandwidth then suddenly try to get you to buy a soundbar too?

Sonos shouldn't advertise the speakers as high end / high Bluetooth bandwidth then suddenly try to get you to buy a soundbar too?

Can you show me where Sonos advertises their Era 100 speakers as "high Bluetooth bandwidth" (whatever that is)?