Answered

Eero's Wifi update

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello Sonos People!

I have 5 Sonos products at home (4 speakers & 1 sub, which I love). Whenever my WiFi Eero has an update, I lose connections to all my Sonos speakers. The TV works fine, but I can't connect to them through the app.

I have to restart my router or unplug my 4 speakers & 1 sub. Is there a better way to not lose my speakers after a WiFi update?

Thank you,
Gorby

icon

Best answer by controlav 23 February 2024, 14:56

View original

6 replies

How soon after the eEro update are you attempting to use SONOS? During the update SONOS is stranded and it will attempt to reconnect to the network, but this could take half an hour or so. You might be able to accelerate the process if you reboot a SONOS unit, but it could still require about half an hour before all of the units come back online.

If you haven’t already, reserve IP addresses using the eEro App. Reserve addresses for all regular clients, there’s no need to reserve addresses for transient guests or family.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Check your DHCP Settings page on your router for the static/reserved IP settings.

Making them here ended all my power fail and update issues. Usually quick and painless.

Hey Stanley,
thank you for your quick response. 

Eeros has DHCP & NAT configuration of 
Auto
Manual IP
& Bridge

Which one should I select? I think Manual.
their notes are: Set Manual if I have a complex home network. 

thank you 
Gorby

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That looks like the settings for your ISP on the WAN side of the router.

You want to change the DHCP Settings on the LAN side of the router.

The WAN settings are not Sonos related so best asked in an eero forum.

But just guessing here, if you have another router you are connecting the eero to it might be best to do the Bridge setting BUT then you’d need to turn any WiFi on the other router off or pick a different SSID and channel for it versus the eero.

yes!
 have a Fios router. I’ll check that this weekend & get back to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

yes!
 have a Fios router. I’ll check that this weekend & get back to you.

Sonos recommend Eeros be put into Bridge mode.