Skip to main content
ACg8ocKI_17RJPOPRD6bLlP9BLTvtSlvsUcFG9QATluEM6Q2PWWc0g=s40-p-mo

I have four Sonos speakers at my vacation home:  a Sonos playbar, a Sonos One, and two Sonos Moves.  The Sonos playbar and the Sonos One were installed on my home network (LAN) before I added a new mesh wifi system--an Eero 6+.  I have been attempting to install the Sonos Moves on my LAN after I added the Eero 6+, but without success.  My ISP is Xfinity.  My combination modem/router is the Xfinity Gateway.  My PC running Windows 11 is hardwired directly to the Gateway.  I have an 8-port Gigabit switch that is also hardwired to the Gateway.  Finally, I have an Eero 6+ mesh wifi system.  The main device is hardwired directly to the Gateway; three other eero devices are hardwired from Gigabit switch.

The Sonos Moves worked well before I added the Eero mesh system.  Now the Sonos app on my iphone will not recognize the Moves, and frequently will not recognize the Sonos One.

According to Eero support, the reason I am unable to install the Sonos Moves on my LAN is because I now have two different IP addresses.  The original IP address for my LAN is 10.0.0.x.  The IP address for my Eero mesh system is 192.168.4.x
I have tried manually to reset the IP address for the Eero mesh system to the IP address for my LAN, but when I do that the entire mesh system stops working, so I have given up on that as a solution.

The following is some information I have gleaned from my computer (PC Windows 1):

IPv4 Address 10.0.0.160 (pc computer)
Xfinity Gateway (modem/router) IP address 10.0.0.1
Eero IP address 10.0.0.148 (connected to Xfinity Gateway)
Sonos Move IP address 10.0.0.192 (connected to Xfinity Gateway)
Sonos ZP IP address 10.0.0.228 (connected to Xfinity Gateway)--this is one of the two Sonos Moves; my LAN will not recognize the other)

I understand that a common solution to this problem is to put the mesh system in bridge mode, but this would create other problems that I would like to avoid.  Is there a way for me to delete the entire Sonos system from my LAN and from the Sonos playbar and the Sonos One, and then reinstall the Sonos system and all Sonos products using the IP address of my Eero mesh system?  If I could do that, I am hoping that all Sonos speakers would use the same IP address and I would then be able to use all of them on my LAN.

I am not particularly computer-savy.  If someone in the community has a suggestion, please describe as simply as possible.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

If you put the Eero system into bridge mode off of your Xfinity router then that will stop the new IP range… 

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/208276903-How-do-I-bridge-my-eeros

You’ll still have two WiFi names, but only the one set of IP’s. 

Alternatively you’d need to see if you can put the Xfinity into modem only mode and then change the IP range on your Eero’s to 10.0.0.x. 

The first option is probably the easiest if not the best overall solution. 

Hi @joelnsimon, competing Wi-Fi networks is not a formula for success. Have you considered moving everything to the Eero Mesh network? It is quite easy to put your Xfinity Gateway into Bridge Mode …

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

And disable its Wi-Fi …

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/hide-disable-in-home-wifi