Skip to main content

Hi, 

After a factory reset, I have successfully installed a Sonos Play:1 in wireless mode using the Sonos app 2 (I had initially tried with the Sonos app1 and it said my Sonos speaker version wasn’t supported). When I tried to install the second (also after factory reset), I couldn’t do it. I had to connect it to the Ethernet cable, and even though I was successful at connecting it to the network, I could not then get it registered. I looked into the settings details and the first speaker shows as WN1 and the second one shows as WN0. I have tried going into « manage my networks » to switch my second speaker to a wireless network but it won’t even let me click on the tab because apparently this version of the app doesn’t support my Sonos product. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Hi @Marion2Lyon 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve had setting up your speakers after resetting them - this is just one of the reasons why we recommend that you do not reset your Sonos products, but that’s now advice for later. Let’s see what we can do to fix things.

Keeping the second Play:1 wired to ethernet, please reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds. While waiting for it to restart, please reboot/restart your phone/tablet too. Once WiFi is back up and your phone is rebooted, please ensure that the speaker has a flashing green light - if it does not, please reboot it too. If you still don’t get a flashing green light, it’s possible that all you now need to do is open the Sonos app and register the speaker - please check if this is the case, and if it is, skip the next paragraph. When registration is complete, disconnect the speaker from ethernet and relocate it.

With the app connected to the other Play:1, and the problem speaker flashing green, the app should offer to you to set up the speaker it has now found. If it does not, please go to Settings » System » Add a Product to get things going. When setup and registration is complete, you can remove the ethernet cable from the speaker and place the speaker in the desired location.

If you are still unable to complete setup for the seconds Play:1, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.