Answered

connecting to a new wifi network

• 19 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have an older model Sonos that will not connect in my new apartment. I am trying to do it wirelessly as I do t have a plug for wired. The system is not finding my Sonos. The speaker will not flash green only white or orange. I have tried to reset and reboot but nothing is working. 

icon

Best answer by Deb824 20 November 2023, 15:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You should follow the instructions in the new router - installation instructions FAQ. Doing a reset, as you’ve found, doesn’t help anything, and actually erases data that Sonos might have used to help you, along with all your other settings.

Simplified, connect one speaker to the router temporarily with an Ethernet cable, set up your speakers, including the network information, then finally remove the temporary cable. 

As a side note, Sonos can not be connect directly to a WiFi that has an account name and password associated with access. Most frequently in that situation, a travel router is recommended, so that you can use the interface for the travel router to log in to the ‘restricted’ WiFi, and connect your Sonos and all other devices to the travel router. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Do you have a router in your apartment or is it a community WiFi setup?

If it is the shared WiFi the travel router is the way to go, connect Sonos and your controller device to it, not the community WiFi.

Thank you for your replies. I contacted customer support and 2 hours later lol it was working. I did not know when I reset it that I have to hold the infinity bottom UNTIL the green light comes on!!!