Answered

Connecting Sonos 1 with ethernet cable trying to create a subnet

• 7 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I am not using a router. I currently have a modem from my ISP and a deco mesh system. My system consist of three sonos 1 speakers. I have tried connecting a sonos 1 to the deco base. that particular speaker plays about 3 or 4 songs then blanks out. It comes back on after I choose a song in the app. The other two speakers do not connect. They appear to be connecting but do not show when the connection process is completed.

I have also tried connecting directly to the modem and none o the speaks show

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 February 2024, 22:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The base unit of the Deco mesh is a router. 

There is no Sonos 1, there is a Sonos PLAY:1 and a Sonos One. 

Try unplugging all three speakers from power, and then reboot your Deco. Give the Deco 2 minutes to fully come back up, then plug one of your Sonos speakers into it with an Ethernet cable. Make sure your controller device is connecting to the Deco mesh (probably safer for testing to leave any satellites unplugged, one issue at a time). Plug back in to power all three Sonos speakers, and give them a couple of minutes to reboot, and connect. Open the controller, and do some testing. 

You could also call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The base unit of the Deco mesh can be configured as a router, but also as an access point. It only should be set up as a router if your ISP “modem” is in bridge mode. With two routers in a set up, devices can get confused. Can you clarify your set up?