Answered

connecting isuue IKEA SYMFONISK

Hello, I am writing from Korea to inquire about the current situation.

I purchased the IKEA SYMFONISK series but am unable to connect it using any method. I have tried using the audio PIN, the PIN on the back, and even connecting via an Ethernet cable, but nothing works.

Suspecting an issue with the speakers themselves, I attempted to connect three different SYMFONISK speakers, but none worked. I also considered that the issue might be with the switches, so I tried two different Korean switches(iptime, netis), but they too failed to connect.

Thinking it might be an issue with my mobile devices, I tried connecting with two Android phones, two iPhones, and an iPad, but none were successful.

It seems to be an app issue; the older version of the app doesn’t even allow connection without an update. I’ve heard news about a new app update, but it seems the problem occurred after updating the app. Are there others experiencing similar issues with various devices not connecting? Additionally, is there any known solution?

icon

Best answer by sanvit 17 May 2024, 09:17

View original

17 replies

Seems like same issue as this.

I have the exact same issue with two IKEA Symfonisk Bookshelf that I both 2 days ago. Also tries with Audio Pin, Manual PIN. WiFi and Direct Ethernet connection. 2 Android devices and 1 iPad.

I called the support - they asked me to go through the same steps again to no success.

At the same time my Sonos Arc is working fine in the same network.

Userlevel 2

The new app sucks. Whatever has been changed, all of a sudden I am experiencing connections issues each and every day. Obviously no testing has been done.

Badge

So i ended up resetting all my system and plugged everything in over Ethernet (had to get 2x Symfonisk’s Gen 2 ‘s again as that has an ethernet port; Era 100’s don't and my guys is its a WIFI / app issue??) and did as follows:

1. Added the Ray to the sytem and connected TV/remote.
  2. Added each bookshelf as separate rooms. Once each speaker now able to be added to system it goes through a software update. (odd thing here is one speaker update worked on IoS on the new app; but the other speaker was updating then showed 1002 error code, so had to be done over Windows version of app to update software. 
  3. Added surrounds for the Ray and added both Symfonisk’s (still on ethernet) and they appear as surrounds
  4. Rather than add Sub (Gen 1) also on ethernet to Ray + 2x Symfonisks to complete the home theatre setup, went back to main screen of app and pressed the “+ Add speaker or component” button and waited for sub to appear.
  5. Added sub to Ray + 2 Symfonisks
  6. Home theatre setup successful.
  7. Removed ethernet cable to 2x Symfonisk’s and sub, left the ethernet cable in the Ray and checked “enable WIFI” was still on 
  8. Checked all sub, 2x symfonisk had “enable WIFI” on
  9. Tested with a movie on Netflix playing 5.1 ch surround and it worked

This support page https://support.sonos.com/en-au/article/surround-sound-guidelines-and-limitations# says ERA’s 100 can be added to Arc, Ray, Beam (any generation) does not currently work over WIFI and latest 80.01.11 app release last week. Tried for days to add the ERA’s as a surround set and nothing, even after the screen on apps say them have been added (see last thread)

Good news is the Symfonisk Gen 2’s now seem to work and are on the system with latest app after Ethernet and Step 2 above.

Good luck!

I just tried the new version over. 

80.01.08 (Android)
80.01.30 (iOS)

Still does not work. I get the same 1002 Error. I tried resetting both Symfonisk speakers to factory defaults and used 2 different Andorid devices - all with the same outcome “Error 1002”. I only tried via WiFi. Have not tried Ethernet yet.

Has anyone had better luck?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, the person in the post directly above yours…

Hi Rhonny, I think Jezz211 tried with the previous version of the software (80.01.07). In general I was hoping that with the new version (80.01.08) it will work and we will not need to jump through hoops to do something as simple as adding a speaker to the system. I do not have Ethernet in most rooms. It is available just in a cupboard where my router is and was hoping that with the new version it is all fixed. It seems that it isn’t and I’ll try to follow the procedure described above.

Badge

Used 80.01.11. 

Hi Rhonny, I think Jezz211 tried with the previous version of the software (80.01.07). In general I was hoping that with the new version (80.01.08) it will work and we will not need to jump through hoops to do something as simple as adding a speaker to the system. I do not have Ethernet in most rooms. It is available just in a cupboard where my router is and was hoping that with the new version it is all fixed. It seems that it isn’t and I’ll try to follow the procedure described above.

I had 80.01.11 app. Doesn’t work over WIFi, need to do it over Ethernet, after install then try. Good luck 

Similar issue. Will not connect out of the box. Customer service stated was probably due to length of time product sat on shelf and firmware being so far behind it won’t update. Has been 2 days waiting to hear from escalation team. I really hope I heard back with a resolution. I really like the speaker and do not want to return it over something so silly. 

IKEA symphonisk speakers with Arc now no longer working.

Have escalated through tech support am awaiting resolution at level 3

Have factory reset all items and had remote Sonos support via Gotoassist

Was ok before the new app.

Trouble is it takes 1.5 hours queue time to get through to tech support and then no answers! 

Had a tech support engineer apologise and reach out with a link to a time booking slot and availablity.  I will let you know how it goes.  Come on Sonos,  you can make your products (Arc and symphonisk speaker lights) work together. 😊 

I have 11 Sonos speakers that has worked fine for a couple of years, and two of them are the IKEA “lamp speakers” that are used as surround speakers.

It is all connected to the IKEA Home app through an IKEA Dirigera hub, and we IKEA buttons that turn on lights and music in appartment. Turn of all lights and stops all music when we leave and so forth.

A couple of days ago all speakers has not been working from the IKEA Home App. They all appear as disconnected. Tried a lot without getting it resolved.

Have removed all the speakers from the IKEA app and tried to connect to Sonos from scratch.

Trying to “add new product”, “sound”, “Go to Sonos app”...which opens the new Sonos app...and it just shows a popup at top of screen in the Sonos app; “Something went wrong...” and it disappear after a second or two.

Crossing finger that there will be some Sonos update, or possibly IKEA Home App update that fixes this.

Been a lot of challenges last weeks after the new Sonos app.

At least my new Sonos Ace headphones work great with my Arc, but the rest of my Sonos stuff has been painful last weeks.

Thanks  Ronny gydar for the info 

I will let you know if there is a fix is after my call with Tech support this week.   Getting a bit disappointed as it is good kit, but I just want to hear music through my speakers not headphones 😊😊 even if they are really good... 

Wish I came here first.. Just brought home a Symfonisk Bookshelf and cannot connect it with either my phone (android) or my ipad.

I am going to take it back to Ikea and get a refund - I don’t like wasting my time when something should be as simple as connecting a speaker.

I can’t even get the update to the speaker to work - keeps telling me to try again (no error code). When I do go through the motions, the app doesn’t have it.

Ok.  So here's a summary of 2 1/2 hour support call.  

All speakers factory reset and new system set up on the Android app.  Key issues was WiFi so split the router to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz manually.

Reset all speakers AND app changed to run on the 2.4 ghz WiFi. 

All working - there seems to have been a conflict of the speakers and the app if they are not on the same Hz WiFi

TBF - Sonos tech team have spent many hours on this one with me.   I am grateful that a company (and people) care so much about getting the kit working. 

Not sure if this will fix everyone's problem, but for the moment I am listening to surround sound again.

Will give this a go but how does one do a factory reset?

I have the bookshelf speaker. 

This should work from you tube