Connect DUAL Recordplayer to SONOS One SL

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

does anybody know how to connect an DUAL Recordplayer to a SONOS One SL?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Frank

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot connect a turntable directly to a One SL. So you need another Sonos device with line-in like an Era 100, Era 300, Five, or Port. If the turntable is compatible with Bluetooth, you could pair it with a Sonos Roam and share the Bluetooth audio with the One SL. But the line-in options are much more reliable with better audio quality.

Read more here:

https://blog.sonos.com/en-us/listening-to-vinyl-with-sonos

Hi Frank,

Assuming the TT model you have has an RCA line-out connection, you will need to use a Sonos product that has a line-in port, such as:

• Port/Connect
  • Amp/Connect:Amp
  • Five/Play:5
  • Era-100 (requires additional dongle)
  • Era-300 (requires additional dongle)

A turntable with built-in/external pre-amp can connect to the Line-In which becomes an audio source you can play to the Sonos device or your other Sonos devices such as your One SL, which can also be grouped together for playing the audio throughout the Home. 

My suggestion would be to go for one of the newer ‘Era’ speakers (and audio dongle) as you also get a great speaker with that option, that’s if you can find use for the additional speaker of course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don’t know what a DUAL player is, but general turntable info is here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/listen-to-your-turntable-on-sonos

You cannot connect a turntable directly to a One SL. So you need another Sonos device with line-in like an Era 100, Era 300, Five, or Port. If the turntable is compatible with Bluetooth, you could pair it with a Sonos Roam and share the Bluetooth audio with the One SL. But the line-in options are much more reliable with better audio quality.

Read more here:

https://blog.sonos.com/en-us/listening-to-vinyl-with-sonos

Hi Frank,

Assuming the TT model you have has an RCA line-out connection, you will need to use a Sonos product that has a line-in port, such as:

• Port/Connect
  • Amp/Connect:Amp
  • Five/Play:5
  • Era-100 (requires additional dongle)
  • Era-300 (requires additional dongle)

A turntable with built-in/external pre-amp can connect to the Line-In which becomes an audio source you can play to the Sonos device or your other Sonos devices such as your One SL, which can also be grouped together for playing the audio throughout the Home. 

My suggestion would be to go for one of the newer ‘Era’ speakers (and audio dongle) as you also get a great speaker with that option, that’s if you can find use for the additional speaker of course.

Is it possible to connect a turntable to a play 5 and then connect dual One sl to the play 5 and play all together 

Sure. Once the turntable’s signal is in the Sonos ecosystem, you can group any other Sonos rooms on the same system.