Can you buy replacement letters for speaker?

• 14 February 2024
  • 8 replies

The “S” has fallen off my Move 2, so it just says “SONO” and a little glue mark, can you get replacement letters form anywhere? 

8 replies

Not that I’m aware of, but you might want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Any ideas on how to remove all letters without making a mess? You can see the glue where the missing “S” was

ye supported repied with:

Hello Myles,

Sadly we do not have to supply you with and as I have never come across this particular problem before I do not have advice to offer in cleanly removing the lettering from the speaker as they were not designed to come off.

I would suggest to visit the Sonos Community forum for a query like this as it it is there you can usually find answers to non standard questions or odd situations like yours.

Kind Regards,

Never tried it, but it might be worth trying the process by which some folks remove badges on cars. A heat gun to heat up/loosen the glue (but very careful, I’d not want to hurt the speaker cone) and use of a fishing line/dental floss to get between the letters and the carcass of the speaker. 

And to push that point even further, I’m not really wild about pointing a heat gun at the speaker. I have never even attempted this on a Sonos, and it scares me. I have used this process on cars, but a car’s body is not anything close to heat sensitive. 

If it were me, I’d just leave it as it is. I don’t often look at my speakers after about two weeks, they just fade into the background, once my eye/brain becomes accustomed to them. 

Agree with Bruce on this.  A heatgun, or some chemical solvent, might be helpful in loosening and removing the glue, but you are very likely to cause additional damage in the process.  Dental floss or small needle might be the only thing I would try.

I tihnk your right to just leave it - i just find it annying that sonos support says they dont have the letters when clearly the letters must be made somewhere…. im happy to pay for it. They could at least list it as a spare part you can purchase, i cant be the only one who’s lost a letter, i thought the Move 2 was supposed to be durable

Any Malaysian Soos workers on this Forum who want to pocket me an “S” from the factory, i’ll pay! 

You could use a black magic marker to mute the color of the exposed mounting points. Another approach would be to look for a damaged speaker that is being sold for parts. Offhand I don’t know if similar models use exactly the same font and size.

ye supported repied with:

I would suggest to visit the Sonos Community forum for a query like this as it it is there you can usually find answers to non standard questions or odd situations like yours.

This is the first time I have seen a formal Sonos acknowledgment of people here! I am obsolete these days because I am on S1, but there are some others here that could be on a Sonos roll of honour, some that have posted here as well. Sonos owes them at least a mention.

The other thing is what has been said already - give it a few days and other problems in life will push this trifle to the backburner of things you can ignore.

I tihnk your right to just leave it - i just find it annying that sonos support says they dont have the letters when clearly the letters must be made somewhere…. im happy to pay for it. They could at least list it as a spare part you can purchase, i cant be the only one who’s lost a letter, i thought the Move 2 was supposed to be durable

Any Malaysian Soos workers on this Forum who want to pocket me an “S” from the factory, i’ll pay! 

I think you  kind of nailed the problem.  It’s not a common spare part that needs replacement, if Sonos really even had a repair program at all.  So there’s no reason Sonos would ship spares from the manufacturing facility to some sort of support warehouse in Europe or North America, for example.  They could only pull it off unsold or returned/refurbished units.

I assume that you caused the damage and this isn’t a warranty situation?  If it just fell off, you should be entitled to replacement, although I don’t know that I would bother with all that.