Skip to main content
Answered

Can two Sonos One's (each paired with their own sub mini) be added to a group?

• 12 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m filling an open floor plan with distributed Sonos Ones for smooth coverage.  About 1,500 sqft.  I have several Ones spread out (not in stereo) and grouped but want more bass.

The Sub Gen 3 would obviously do well, but my purpose is background/entertainment music while guests are over.  I’m wondering if two Sub Mini’s would give me a better consistency of bass and offer some flexibility as I continue to kit out my place with all Sonos.

I’m aware, you can’t pair Sub Minis.  Not yet anyway (maybe firmware in future?), but my thought is: If I paired one Sub Mini to one One speaker as a room, then another Sub Mini to a separate One speaker as another room, could you group the rooms and essentially get both Sub Mini’s to play?

Again, not trying to put two mini’s on a stereo or home theater setup, wanting to spread the sound out consistently.

2 replies

Any and all Sonos devices/rooms can be grouped together to play in sync.  Grouping is not permanent, though.  It is a dynamic process done on the fly, and will not survive through a reboot or update.

Thank you, that makes sense.  The grouping is easy and I’m often adjusting the setup based on what’s going on, so I’m ok with it being dynamic as needed.  But that helps that I can group the pairs up as rooms.