Answered

Can't connect with Symfonisk

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

After 2.5 years of using the speaker, despite no changes to the home network, the app on the phone stopped seeing the speaker. It was still playing the previously indicated radio, but there was no way to control the speaker from the app on the phone.

After deleting the data in the app and logging back into the Sonos account, the system was still not visible. I reset the speaker to factory settings but even though it is searchable on the network, no communication can be established with it to add it to the app.
I installed the Sonos app on another phone to verify if the problem persists. Unfortunately, but here I can't add the speaker to the app either.

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 November 2023, 22:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Can you wire the speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable?

A factory reset is a bad idea, generally speaking, among several things, it erases all your settings, and any data that might help Sonos help you. 

There are three things that come to mind rpwhen reading your post, I’ll list them in order of likelyhood.

First, a duplicate IP address issue. At the very least, you should unplug this device from power, along with any other Sonos device, and reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging anything back in. This both forces a reload of all software and settings, and gets the Sonos to request a fresh IP from from the refreshed router. I’d look into the process of assigning all your Sonos devices reserved IP addresses in your router’s manual, too. I had at one point in time, a router that had trouble tracking IP addresses properly, once I assigned reserved IP addresses, 99% of my issues disappeared.

Second, you could potentially be dealing with wifi interference. Don’t make the assumption that WiFi interference only comes from within your network, but can come from electric devices in your home, or even from outside. I’ve had both an issue with an old microwave, and a new neighbor, make sure you read that link with an open mind. 

Finally, and by far least likely, it could be an issue in the electronics. If neither of the above work out, I’d encourage you to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I connect speaker to switch, the same problems. Application see speaker but can’t connect with.

I tried also to move speaker near Wifi AP, still the same problem. I’ll try today rebooting router, see if something change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you try the static/reserved IP addresses suggested above and reboot everything you will either fix your problem or have eliminated it as a possible cause. I’d do that as my first step here.