Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 291 replies

Show first post

291 replies

Update, just got off the phone with Sonos customer support. They told me because my turntable is a Crosley It won’t work with my Sonos speakers. Which seems like BS because it worked great up until about two or three weeks ago. Not to mention the fact that my Sonos app indicates that my Crosley turntable is indeed connected via Bluetooth. I’m just not getting any sound out of the speakers.  loads of other people having the same issue after a software update. It’s really too bad. 

Same issue here with Era 300 and Sony PS-LX310BT turntable. Connects but no sound.

Same issues with Sony PS-LX310BT. Connects but no sound. The app sees my record player but no sound, like everyone else this has been an issue for months. I wish they would release an update to resolve this problem so I can go back to listening to my records.

Hi, I am having the same issue ! Purchased a Sonos Era 100 specifically to play with my new record player and it’s not working - extremely frustrating. Any update on the timeline for a fix ?

Issue is with Era 100 and Sony PS-LX310BT turntable. Connects but no sound.

Badge

Been 2 months now same issue.

Keeping track of updates.

Same issue here. Bought an era 100 specifically to use with my sony bluetooth turntable. So disappointed in Sonos - my bose speaker has no problems.

Same issue for me, just adding a comment so I can get notified when resolved. I’ve held off on buying line-in adapters in the hope that this would be resolved soon… but it’s now coming up on two months since I’ve been able to play any records and I might have to bite the bullet. 

I just received as a Christmas gift a Sony PS-LX310BT and a SONOS Era 100. Well, lucky me: I have the same issue with the Bluetooth connection.

Follow the thread for any update on the fix. I’d really like to avoid buying the SONOS in-line adaptor.

Userlevel 2
Badge

SONOS GUYS??? It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one and others incompatible with the Sonos system…

My first SONOS product is my last SONOS product. I wish it did not have to start and end this way. 

• I’m not sure if I am more upset with SONOS for their smoke and mirrors tactics or the fact that once again in my life I compared something to BOSE and did not choose the BOSE. 
  • I just looked for the SONOS headquarters and to my disbelief it states they are within an hour of my house. I may show up there this week and look for an interview. I’m guessing Best Buy, Amazon, and many other places are getting pretty ticked about piles of these returned speakers sitting around. 
  • For two years my wife expressed her dislike of me using Amazon Alexa for bluetooth music. We decided to put an end to her dislike and put our trust in SONOS.
  • I found this thread when it was only a few days old. I had hope it was a buggy firmware update and since bluetooth is a pretty standard protocol, it would be an easy fix for SONOS. Knowing that bluetooth is not some mad science that needs figuring out, and the more I think about all this, this breakdown seems very intentional by SONOS.  
  • In a world where ‘time is money,’ I am at the point I could have purchased some pretty amazing audio equipment for the amount of time spent looking at the app, looking at this forum, and checking for updates.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +16

SONOS GUYS??? It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one and others incompatible with the Sonos system…

Really? 😉 Or just some thoughts of frustration what I could understand. But to be honest… to sort and fix some bugs takes more efforts and time than others. I‘m sure Sonos is working on this as good as they can. 

Same problem here… I guess we are just waiting for Sonos to fix this…

For the moment I’m using a Roam as a Bluetooth bridge, confirming that the problem is not on the turntable but rather on Era 100.

For the moment I’m using a Roam as a Bluetooth bridge, confirming that the problem is not on the turntable but rather on Era 100.

Yes, just before last Xmas, Sonos Staff indicated the fix would be in early 2024 and there has not been any updates this year, not sure it will be in the next update, as it was subject to the fix being tested, so guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens.

Figure any fix would be in a software update but commenting so I can track if there's a workaround or anything 

Having exactly the same issue with my new SONOS Era 100. Connects to my PS-LX310BT but no sound. Commenting to be notified with updates.

@Corry P hello there, any updates so far?

Same here, PS-LX310BT connected to Roam for the time being

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Same issue where Bluetooth is connected but no output sound. I have an Era 300. It is same for any bluetooth connection regardless of device.

PLEASE FIX ASAP. This has been an issue for over four months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @wowinter13 

I have no further information to share as of yet.

Commenting for updates - also have this issue with Era 100 and PS-LX310BT

I've had this issue since the November update and it was working perfectly well until then.

I've bit the bullet and got the inline adapter just so I can listen to my vinyl again.

I have quite a few Sonos speakers and this is the first time I've been disappointed with them. 

Absolute joke

diagnostics number 1573659522

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Same frustrating Problem Here.

Got the Sony turntable for Christmas and era 100 for birthday. BT Connected, but no sound.

Any cheap BT Speaker and Jabra Headsets play the sound from the turntable.

Era 100 also plays BT sound from my smartphone.

I am very disappointed and frustrated here. Maybe I return all this messy digital stuff and go back to good old analog Stereo sound without frustration.

Hello,

Same frustrating Problem Here.

Got the Sony turntable for Christmas and era 100 for birthday. BT Connected, but no sound.

Any cheap BT Speaker and Jabra Headsets play the sound from the turntable.

Era 100 also plays BT sound from my smartphone.

I am very disappointed and frustrated here. Maybe I return all this messy digital stuff and go back to good old analog Stereo sound without frustration.

Sonos is currently working on a fix.  If you wish to, you can submit a diagnostic and help out with the fix.  Post the reference number here.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok maybe it helps ☺️ 902244613