Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 289 replies

Show first post

289 replies

Glad I found this community.  Spent half my Christmas day figuring out why my new ERA 100 speaker would not connect to my new Sony TT.  My $10 beach speaker worked great only adding to my frustration.

Can someone please advise which cords I need to connect the speaker and TT???
I don’t mind using a short term fix.  Otherwise I will replace with another speaker… ie Bose.

Please include all cords needed-

TY Kirk 

Which Sony TT model is it, or better still, what analog line-out ports does it have? These are the two Sonos line-in adapters and both have a 3.5mm (female) analog line-input.

The other cable needed depends on the TT line-out port.

PS-LX310BT

PS-LX310BT

If it is the model with the RCA cable built-in, then you just need an RCA (female) to 3.5mm (male) audio adapter, aswell as one of the Sonos line-in adapters mentioned in my earlier post. Here’s a cheap example, but there are many other adapters you can choose from, but please note it’s only if the TT is the one with the built-in RCA cable. See the user manual here…

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4748/2a8f06044efec02b753eff3df707fb93/47487551M.pdf

Thanks for the help!  Hopefully this issue is resolved in early 24’ I purchased the cables, maybe they will reimburse us all for our losses😡

Glad I am not the only one. Haven’t used my Sony turntable for a while, and when I tried earlier tonight no sound from my Era 100. Hope for a solution very soon, I miss my old records.

When will we know when the Bluetooth issue will be resolved with the  PS-LX310BT? Will an email be sent out to those in this message board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aakinti009 

I or a colleague will post here once an update with a fix is available. We’ll mark it as a Best Answer, which means you should be notified of the post via email (assuming notifications are enabled in your profile settings). 

I just got the Sony Bluetooth turntable for Christmas and the new era 100 thinking everything was going to work properly and it’s not. It’s connected but not playing anything.

I have the Sony PS-LX310BT 

SONOS ERA 100

Diagnoatic number 585196510

named Living Room

Userlevel 1

While it is comforting to me that I now know I’m not the only one with this problem , it’s still quite annoying. I’m on my 3rd BT transmitter and no connection. While I didn’t buy Sonos for the BT , the option is nice for when I want to play some cd’s. I planned on hooking up my turntable .

I hear it connect. It shows the connection on the app, yet no music. I should add that all three transmitters have worked on  other speakers that I have.  

A 35 min call to sonos support tonight provided the same response we have seen here. They are working on it. 

I was told I would get an email when it’s resolved. No timeline was given. 

Sonos Era 100 listed as connected but also doesn't sound when linked to Nintendo Swich

Sonos Era 100 listed as connected but also doesn't sound when linked to Nintendo Swich

Userlevel 2

Same here, got an Era 100 for Xmas and it seems to pair but no sound. Hoping the update happens before the 30 days returns is up…. Not too impressed when you shell out for a premium product then spend the first few hours of ownership googling to find pages and pages of people moaning about it!

really annoying as got some new vinyl too I was hoping to blare out from it! 

any update yet? 

Userlevel 1

I would expect Sonos to honor returns beyond the 30 days when the issue is a failure with their product 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Community,

same here, Sony record player (PS-LX310BT) and the Sonos Era 100. No sound with an existing connection. This was a Christmas present for my wife. 😒 Very disappointing for her and to read all the messages.

Diagnostic Number: 1226010771
named musicroom

Userlevel 2

I've just given up and bought the line-in cables from Amazon - just over ten quid, which will be worth it to get listening to my vinyl again.

Same issue here. What is most disappointing is their call center for customer service.  Unfortunately rude. I’ve ordered the cable off of Amazon, but if they are a company that stands behind their products they should send out the adapter cable free of charge. 

Userlevel 2

Word of warning! You need to buy the official Sonos line in adaptor - don't make the mistake I made and buy the cheaper ones that are line out 😭 Bloody Sonos! I'm pretty pissed off as I bought the more expensive Era 100 due to the Bluetooth function. I agree that they should be offering to cover the cost of at least the (proprietary) USB C to 3.5mm adaptor!

Word of warning! You need to buy the official Sonos line in adaptor - don't make the mistake I made and buy the cheaper ones that are line out 😭 Bloody Sonos! I'm pretty pissed off as I bought the more expensive Era 100 due to the Bluetooth function. I agree that they should be offering to cover the cost of at least the (proprietary) USB C to 3.5mm adaptor!

Thanks for the info, was wondering if a standard USB-C to 3.5mm adapter would work.

Badge

Same issue here with Sony TT and Era 100, hopefully a fix soon, as otherwise will need to return the Era which would be annoying. Poor testing of software updates Sonos 😡

Hi Community,

same here, Sony record player (PS-LX310BT) and the Sonos Era 100. No sound with an existing connection. This was a Christmas present for my wife. 😒 Very disappointing for her and to read all the messages.

Diagnostic Number: 1226010771
named musicroom

Same issue! Hoping they can get out another update soon to address the issue because clearly lots of people’s devices have essentially been bricked since Mid-November. 

I am also having this issue. Commenting so I can get notified when a resolution is available. 

Badge

Exactly the same here, era 100 speaker and Sony turntable (PS-LX310BT).

i’ve gone ahead and purchased the line-in adapter at an additional cost to me of $35AUD just so I can use it. Would be great if this could be reimbursed.

Same problem here. 

Device name: Living Room Sonos

Diagnostics ID: 1736945161

Paired device: Sony Turntable LX-310BT

Issue: appears to be paired but no sound coming out from the speaker. A real shame as this was a bday present :( 

Same problem.. worked great now nothing.. although it’s connected. 
diagnostic

family room