Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 289 replies

Show first post

289 replies

Spoke with CS yesterday. Did not even get the obligatory “we are working on it/known issue” canned response. I did find out that 3rd party 3.5 to USB-C adapters don’t work. Amazing how they have managed that - only their expensive Sonos branded adapter works to solve the problem of their creation that negates a product feature they still advertise as a selling point. Not a good look, Sonos. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

My Adapter just arrived. It works fine, but there is a terrible lag (1-2 seconds) between the needle Sound and the Sonos sound that irritates me. Am I the only one with this issue?

But the worst thing is that the Adapter is way to long to fit between the speaker and the wall mount 😭 now I have a empty wall mount at the wall, new Black cables in front of the white wall and the turntable with the speaker sharing the whole space at our cupboard that was empty before 👍

I bought a 90 degree USBC Adapter.. I hope that works.

The Adapter merely has made it even worse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Most 3rd party adapters use the revers signal direction as they are made to convert from usb c to analogue and not as needed for Sonos the other way. But even bidirectional adapters won’t work because Sonos probably uses some kind of hardware detection. 

@mikethenike 

A minimum of 75ms delay you can’t avoid because of AD converting and buffering. But 1-2 seconds is a lot… make sure, that in the input settings the buffer for groups is set to minimum. 

My Adapter just arrived. It works fine, but there is a terrible lag (1-2 seconds) between the needle Sound and the Sonos sound that irritates me. Am I the only one with this issue?

Go to Settings > System > (Line-In room name) > Line-in and adjust Audio Delay to the lowest setting.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks that solved the lag. ❤️The(default) setting was at 2000ms.

Userlevel 1

C’mon Sonos - no fix yet?   Bose Bluetooth speakers are working great in my home and winning my future business.   BTW - if you have know about this for months why are your vendors still promoting bluetooth connectivity with any device ( ie Best Buy ).  I paid for a Era 100 & a Sony Turntable to play my vinyl - has not worked from Day 1.  Hugely disappointing and misleading sales speak that you could control if you wanted to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

C’mon Sonos - no fix yet?   Bose Bluetooth speakers are working great in my home and winning my future business.   BTW - if you have know about this for months why are your vendors still promoting bluetooth connectivity with any device ( ie Best Buy ).  I paid for a Era 100 & a Sony Turntable to play my vinyl - has not worked from Day 1.  Hugely disappointing and misleading sales speak that you could control if you wanted to. 

Their bug fixes can take a long time. If this is a show stopper for you best to return it if you are within the return window as it could be months+ worst case (or tomorrow best case)

Userlevel 2

@Corry P Any further update regarding this? February now! Many thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sonos, please update infos. Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No update is the update… as usually the mods will be communicating news here, if there is something to communicate. 😉

So seems that things are still in progress as before. 

Userlevel 1

Seems to be fixed with latest 16.0 update, will do more testing.

Only 81 day since first bug report on 17th of November to fix it. 🤓

I have been following this since Christmas and finally it has been updated, thankfully. Great sound too! 

Be sure to repair your speaker to BT. It didn’t work at first for me until I re-paired. Ridiculously too long to address but at least the vinyl is piping through the house again. Don’t do this again, Sonos. 

Userlevel 1

Updated my app to 16.0….repaired ERA 100 to Turntable - still no sound.    UGH!!!!

Updated to 16.0 repaired Bluetooth and still nothing. Tell me like I am a child how to repair don’t works lol

Userlevel 1

Updated my app to 16.0….repaired ERA 100 to Turntable - still no sound.    UGH!!!!

Hopefully ERA 100 also was updated not only app.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I started the “search for updates” twice. Because first time only the app is updated. Second Time the Soundsystem.

At my system, it was working instantly without reconnecting…

Greetings Michael

@Sonos: that was a close call. I was only centimeters away from selling my Sonos Stuff.

Make sure you’ve updated both the app (in the Appstore) and the speaker (within the Sonos app settings). 

Userlevel 2

It works! Finally, able to play my vinyl after getting the speak for Xmas.

It did take me a couple of goes re-pairing the turntable and speaker.

Userlevel 2

I started the “search for updates” twice. Because first time only the app is updated. Second Time the Soundsystem.

At my system, it was working instantly without reconnecting…

Greetings Michael

@Sonos: that was a close call. I was only centimeters away from selling my Sonos Stuff.

Same - i.e. updating twice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

Era 300 & PS-LX310BT finally working for me & sounding good ... though if I took this long to push out bug fixes to my users I'd have no job!!!

Hello everybody, the issue with sony turntable is solved? I bought a sonos move 2 a few months ago and i had issues with my sony Bluetooth pickup, connected but no sound. After I talked with customer support i realized that they won’t solve the problem too soon so I returned the move 2. Now I wonder if the problems are solved ? Because I want to buy one again. It is true that only they’re line in original cable it’s working?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes, Problem is solved. BT is working. Yes, and if you want to use Line In, only the original dongle is working.

It’s working.

i ended up giving in a buying the line in adaptor after waiting months for update. The software was updated with 24hrs of purchasing line in, so ended up wasting money to buy one and can’t return…