Answered

blocked Wifi

• 17 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Something is occasionally blocking my Wifi which only seems to happen when I play my music through my two Sonos One SL speakers. 
Has this already been reported?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 December 2022, 15:23

View original

8 replies

No, there have been no other reports about this as an issue, which certainly suggests something local in the network, rather than something in the Sonos system itsel. Unfortunately, you have not provided enough information about your system for this community to begin to hazard a guess as to what may be going on. 

I have a Ray playbar connected to my TV in the lounge & two One speakers in my dining room which are only used for music listening.

Everything is fine until I play music through the two speakers in the dining room when, after a period of approx. twenty/thirty minutes nothing in the house  receives a Wifi signal even though the Wifi is still active.

I have a Ray playbar connected to my TV in the lounge & two One speakers in my dining room which are only used for music listening.

Everything is fine until I play music through the two speakers in the dining room when, after a period of approx. twenty/thirty minutes nothing in the house  receives a Wifi signal even though the Wifi is still active.

It sounds to me like a network-bandwidth issue, perhaps🤔? 

Maybe try this …goto the Ray ‘room’ settings in the Sonos App in ‘Settings/System’ and select ‘Group Audio Delay’ and set the delay to a higher setting - medium/high or max and see if that assists with your reported WiFi issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

1. Put your current router in the trash. Any router that dumps every device for any reasons doesn’t deserve to be on anyone’s network.
  2. Get a decent router, use the same SSID/pwd as before for easy replacement.

Which model router are you using? Beyond SONOS what else is on your network? Are there any network switches? What is wired to the network? Wireless? Are you using multiple WiFi access points?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Joniwince 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m inclined to side with @controlav on this one:

1. Put your current router in the trash. Any router that dumps every device for any reasons doesn’t deserve to be on anyone’s network.
  2. Get a decent router, use the same SSID/pwd as before for easy replacement.

Before doing so, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - it’s free, which costs less than a router so is always worth trying first. Before calling, please submit a support diagnostic in that 30 minute period after playing music but before the problem manifests. Submit another - if you can - after devices drop off the network too.

I hope this helps.

I have the same issue. 

I have a Sonos Arc which has been working perfectly, until yesterday I connected an old Sonos One to my setup. Factory reset it then added it. Now if I am playing music on it, 20 minutes later or so, my router drops all connections, and when they come back doesn’t provide Internet.

My router is a rubbish ISP provided Technicolor DGA0122.

What happened when you got in touch with the technical support team?