I am kind of over Sonos at this point. We have had a Play 3 for about 10 years and my wife has been having connection issues forever basically. We decided to buy a 2nd hand Play 5 Gen 2 this week from CEX. Go to connect it and the Play 5 cannot be found
- Factory reset → orange / white lights flashing Play 5 - nothing
- Power on/off a billion times.
- reset router - nothing
- plugged Play 5 into network wired.
- turned off old Play 3 - keeping Play 5 wired. keeps trying to find Play 3, and indeed seems to find it despite being off. Maybe by MAC address without power?
- wired Play 3 and Play 5 - nothing
- ended up with Play 3 connected via wired and needed to faff about to get it back.
checked bluetooth, it’s on. Phone is right next to Play 5, it can’t find it.
I am just beyond understanding where to go next. Any ideas? At what point is the product just faulty and I’m no longer being an idiot.
Best answer by Ken_GriffithsView original