Answered

All Speakers cut out but only when playing simultaneously with sub and beam

• 21 September 2023
  • 3 replies

All speakers cut out after about 1-5 minutes if playing simultaneously with sub and beam. I have three Sonos ones, a beam, a sub and one of the ikea speakers. I can play them all with no issues in any combination. However, if played with the beam and sub, the music cuts out. Ive tried every combo and it only happens with the beam and sub (and anything playing the same music at the same time). The beam and sub are typically connected to the TV but this issue only occurs while streaming music. The sub has an ethernet connection and the beam an HDMI. Everything else is wifi. 

When the speakers cut out, first the sub and the beam stop first after about 1-5 minutes, then any other speakers that are also playing with usually cut out with a 30 sec to minute delay.  Any help would be most appreciated because the system sounds so much better with the sub (but it always cuts out)!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 September 2023, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Try wiring the Beam with an ethernet cable instead of the Sub. Keep the Sub wireless. If wiring the Beam isn’t possible, keep it wireless too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It was suggested to me here long ago that I remove the Ethernet from my Sub and Surrounds as that could cause issues. I did that and just let them connect over the SonosNet from my wired Beam/Arc which has worked flawlessly since..

It’s not SonosNet, it’s a ‘hidden’ 5Ghz signal. SonosNet connects peers, not parent/children speaker connections.